The Student Room Group

graduate programme offers from Capgemini and BT ?

I am struggling to choose between two graduate job offers. I am so grateful to have received multiple offers but I cannot make a final decision.Both positions are within technology. Both good office locations (remote for now). Capgemini does offer a slightly higher salary that incrementally increases over time but the BT salary is above average, so it is also acceptable. I believe both schemes will offer great career prospects after the 2 year programme. what company would you choose and why ?

Scroll to see replies

I would try and research other people's experiences on the schemes and also try and find out about company culture, company values etc. Also consider what each organisation does and what types of stuff you could be working on. Are they both fixed contracts or is one permanent and the other not? All things to take into account. Perhaps try and make a pros and cons list for each. Sorry I cannot be more help but congratulations on your offers.
damn congrats i got passed the video interviews at both of these and then just...never heard anything again... lmao - im not salty though xd

given that at some point i was involved in applying to both maybe this is relevant: i specifically preferred capg over bt - money, clients, job description and reviews on glassdoor

bt im sure is interesting, but it seemed to fall slightly short of capg at every step
Capgemini more interesting products, tech etc
Original post by Law Preserver
I would try and research other people's experiences on the schemes and also try and find out about company culture, company values etc. Also consider what each organisation does and what types of stuff you could be working on. Are they both fixed contracts or is one permanent and the other not? All things to take into account. Perhaps try and make a pros and cons list for each. Sorry I cannot be more help but congratulations on your offers.

thank you this is great advice.

Original post by HoldThisL
damn congrats i got passed the video interviews at both of these and then just...never heard anything again... lmao - im not salty though xd

given that at some point i was involved in applying to both maybe this is relevant: i specifically preferred capg over bt - money, clients, job description and reviews on glassdoor

bt im sure is interesting, but it seemed to fall slightly short of capg at every step

so sorry about that, I faced my fair share of rejection too, the whole recruitment process has not been an easy ride. But hang in there fingers crossed for you that you bag something bigger and better if you haven't already. Thank you I suppose this sums it up for me !

Original post by GraftTime
Capgemini more interesting products, tech etc

Agreed, thank you !
Original post by techstudent1
so sorry about that, I faced my fair share of rejection too, the whole recruitment process has not been an easy ride. But hang in there fingers crossed for you that you bag something bigger and better if you haven't already. Thank you I suppose this sums it up for me !

thanks - got consulting at accenture but *really* wanted something technical, sadly the tech program i applied for was cancelled
Original post by HoldThisL
thanks - got consulting at accenture but *really* wanted something technical, sadly the tech program i applied for was cancelled

wanna swap?:smile: I didn't even get pass the online assessments that 33k +10k bonus was very tempting! Congrats on your offer, stellar achievement!
wanna swap?:smile: I didn't even get pass the online assessments that 33k +10k bonus was very tempting! Congrats on your offer, stellar achievement!

thanks xdd - what's the salary for capg and which program did you get an offer for?
Data and insights consultant - 41k
Reply 9
Congrats on your offer at Capgemini! I recently accepted a DevOps Engineer role, can't wait to start. From my research it's a really good company to work for, I suggest you read the reviews
Original post by Spratty
Congrats on your offer at Capgemini! I recently accepted a DevOps Engineer role, can't wait to start. From my research it's a really good company to work for, I suggest you read the reviews

congrats that's really great! It sure does seem like it!
capgemni is more future proof and better culture
congrats that's really great! It sure does seem like it!

Hey,
I know this thread is kinda old now, but I have my virtual assessment centre for the Data and Insights Consultant grad scheme at Capgemini in a few weeks and wondered if you could share some information on how yours went, especially the group task.

Thanks
Original post by doneli-123
Hey,
I know this thread is kinda old now, but I have my virtual assessment centre for the Data and Insights Consultant grad scheme at Capgemini in a few weeks and wondered if you could share some information on how yours went, especially the group task.

Thanks

sane
Original post by Proxenus
sane

24th march?
24th march?

yep!
Original post by Proxenus
yep!

Nice! good luck and see you on there
Nice! good luck and see you on there

some people talk about these micro exercses. is that included in our one
I don’t think so, from the email it looks like we just have a group exercise and the strength based interview, as well as the intro session and the graduate session.

There isn’t too much information online from people who have done the AC for our program which is annoying
I don’t think so, from the email it looks like we just have a group exercise and the strength based interview, as well as the intro session and the graduate session.

There isn’t too much information online from people who have done the AC for our program which is annoying

Did you get my pm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending