How do you actually do OCR RS a level exam question?

Watch this thread
Usernamesaredum
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve looked at my sixth form’s timetable and apparently they don’t teach you exam techniques? How am i supposed to do the questions? Should i just do sociology instead?
Last edited by Usernamesaredum; 1 year ago
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
You get marked on ao1 - knowledge and ao2 - analysis. At as they're pretty much worth the same amount of marks but at a level ao2 is worth more. Schools shouldn't have to teach you the structure lol, they won't in sociology either. They are there to teach you the content and then you do the rest, they're not going to babysit you... If you're that worried then I would look through past papers, mark schemes etc. Most revision guides and textbooks also give advice. The Ocr rs textbook gives example answers and the Ocr revision guides show you how to properly analyse an idea. I wouldn't just drop a subject just because they don't teach exam techniques 🙄 this is coming from someone who has studied ocr rs as well as sociology but I mean it's your choice 🤷*♀️
Usernamesaredum
Rep:
(Original post by Caz1234567)
You get marked on ao1 - knowledge and ao2 - analysis. At as they're pretty much worth the same amount of marks but at a level ao2 is worth more. Schools shouldn't have to teach you the structure lol, they won't in sociology either. They are there to teach you the content and then you do the rest, they're not going to babysit you... If you're that worried then I would look through past papers, mark schemes etc. Most revision guides and textbooks also give advice. The Ocr rs textbook gives example answers and the Ocr revision guides show you how to properly analyse an idea. I wouldn't just drop a subject just because they don't teach exam techniques 🙄 this is coming from someone who has studied ocr rs as well as sociology but I mean it's your choice 🤷*♀️
GCSE can teach much easier ones, how is structure of exam questions « babysitting »
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Usernamesaredum)
GCSE can teach much easier ones, how is structure of exam questions « babysitting »
Because they're telling you how to do everything and telling you to memorise a set formula, when in a levels they don't hold your hand etc. You've got to work hard and figure it out for yourself. You shouldn't expect your teachers to do things for you, a levels are a big step up and not everyone can handle it.
And like I said before, if you're that concerned, then you haven't researched enough as most textbooks cover this sort of stuff!
Usernamesaredum
Rep:
(Original post by Caz1234567)
Because they're telling you how to do everything and telling you to memorise a set formula, when in a levels they don't hold your hand etc. You've got to work hard and figure it out for yourself. You shouldn't expect your teachers to do things for you, a levels are a big step up and not everyone can handle it.
And like I said before, if you're that concerned, then you haven't researched enough as most textbooks cover this sort of stuff!
Ok
mcvinod22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey lovely PM me I’ve got a ton of essays and essay plans which helped me get an A* In October after being predicted a C in august.
With RS once you understand the structure and how to write it’s a really easy subject to get good marks in
Hans333
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by mcvinod22)
Hey lovely PM me I’ve got a ton of essays and essay plans which helped me get an A* In October after being predicted a C in august.
With RS once you understand the structure and how to write it’s a really easy subject to get good marks in
Hey, I’m currently doing a level RS and really need help with the structure could you send me some of your essays please so I can improve my structure. Would really appreciate it a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (29)
29.29%
Take a gap year (16)
16.16%
Resit my exams (26)
26.26%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (13)
13.13%
I don't know yet (10)
10.1%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
5.05%

Watched Threads