can anyone answer my query Watch

This discussion is closed.
mk2005
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
this is the scenario:
i mess up my AS, so consequencely i have to retake all my modules, (well most of them about 10). i still got through to A2 though, i dont want to waste a year staying in sixth form, so im retaking ALOT of modules now in this january exam. The problems is though, some of these i wont be getting as high mark as i want, so there will be a couple that i will be resiting again in june.

the questions is:
i heard rumours that if you retake more than 3 modules for an Alevel, universities will be told that you did loads of retake to get the grade and that will look bad!!!
So im just wandering if there are some sort of code that
would be printed on the certicate that you get that would tell, things like what mark you got for each of the modules etc. becasue if look at your GCSE's certicates, youll know that that are some long number code printed in small.

And if you've not passed a subject back in last years exam, would it be printed on the final certicate you get if they happen to be with the same exam board?
Seamen Staines
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't think your unis will know about resits if you dont give them any reson to be suspicious. There are schools and colleges where if you mess up you can retake your A-Levels. However if you can't get the grades you want, I think you may have to ask yourself if you are 1.Working as hard as you think you should or 2. Whether your targets are too high?

On another note if you miss uni entrances for sept 2005 you will have to pay top up fees which will be about £8000 of debt. Dont get stressed and there is no limit now to the resits you can take.
Seamen Staines
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Seriously I doubt unis pay people to look at the tiny codes on your grades. They dont even get to know your UCAS points, just chill :-) The only thing unis see is your grades and the dates you achieved them.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
PQ would be the best person to know PM her.
mk2005
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
thanks ppl
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?