The Student Room Group

Applying for jobs - first one!

Hi TSR community,
Would love if anyone can help me out. I've been trying to apply for jobs and get rejected all the time and don't even make it to the interview stage. I feel like it may be my CV and the way I answer the quiz like questions on the application.

I recently found a post on indeed and was wondering how I can tailor / fix my cv. Would appreciate any help!
Original post by Sidd1
Hi TSR community,
Would love if anyone can help me out. I've been trying to apply for jobs and get rejected all the time and don't even make it to the interview stage. I feel like it may be my CV and the way I answer the quiz like questions on the application.

I recently found a post on indeed and was wondering how I can tailor / fix my cv. Would appreciate any help!

Join LinkedIn if you are not a member. Their premier service has several courses ranging from CV writing and layout, elevator pitches, how to adapt your CV to ensure you get called for interview.
You have to ensure your CV has majority of the keywords as displayed on the job specification. As the CV has two get pass an automated system (ATS) applicants tracking system, that filters out CV' s
In a nutshell you should be constantly adapting your CV to suit the job. A human being is not initially going through the CV's
Original post by grandmasterG
Join LinkedIn if you are not a member. Their premier service has several courses ranging from CV writing and layout, elevator pitches, how to adapt your CV to ensure you get called for interview.
You have to ensure your CV has majority of the keywords as displayed on the job specification. As the CV has two get pass an automated system (ATS) applicants tracking system, that filters out CV' s
In a nutshell you should be constantly adapting your CV to suit the job. A human being is not initially going through the CV's

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending