The Student Room Group

Life after year 11 and regrets

High school was not great for me. I struggled with mental health issues after year 8 and became really anxious and was diagnosed with depression. My year 7 self was the reason I kept my friends and they knew me early. Over time I was the guy who was friendly to everyone, but when I got home i'd struggle. I had a lot of friends but i couldn't be who I really am due to my anxiety.

I left school today and am instantly regretting it. One of my best friends became incredibly popular and everyday was having a great time and idk why but it hurt me because we used to be so close.

My question is did everyone have regrets after year 11? And does life really get worse in sixth form?
Original post by Anonymous
High school was not great for me. I struggled with mental health issues after year 8 and became really anxious and was diagnosed with depression. My year 7 self was the reason I kept my friends and they knew me early. Over time I was the guy who was friendly to everyone, but when I got home i'd struggle. I had a lot of friends but i couldn't be who I really am due to my anxiety.

I left school today and am instantly regretting it. One of my best friends became incredibly popular and everyday was having a great time and idk why but it hurt me because we used to be so close.

My question is did everyone have regrets after year 11? And does life really get worse in sixth form?

Did you leave for good or just leave for the weekend? Are you getting help for your mental health? There's tons of factors to that, but is anything helping you at the moment?

I don't personally have regrets, and I think life is better in sixth form. How about getting back into education but moving schools? Is that a possibility?
Reply 2
Hey,

I have had help but its really due to something that happened within my family so I remember it every day and it's not caused by many factors. It did not help.

I left year 11 for good today. I am open to moving schools but I have got severe anxiety and therefore no confidence. I am scared that if I leave, and do not go to my schools sixthform, I may have no friends. But part of me wants to leave because my friends now are okay but I cant be myself around them and moving will let me try and find a friendgroup which will help me with my struggles.

I am no Albert Einstein but I have pretty good grades 7s and above in all subjects so A-Levels are looking likely for next year.

Also, there are 3 possible sixthforms and 1 is my highschools, the other has rejected me becuase my predicted grades were too low, and the other is not accepting external applicants. Im just going to see what happens on results day really.
Reply 3
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Did you leave for good or just leave for the weekend? Are you getting help for your mental health? There's tons of factors to that, but is anything helping you at the moment?

I don't personally have regrets, and I think life is better in sixth form. How about getting back into education but moving schools? Is that a possibility?

Hey,

I have had help but its really due to something that happened within my family so I remember it every day and it's not caused by many factors. It did not help.

I left year 11 for good today. I am open to moving schools but I have got severe anxiety and therefore no confidence. I am scared that if I leave, and do not go to my schools sixthform, I may have no friends. But part of me wants to leave because my friends now are okay but I cant be myself around them and moving will let me try and find a friendgroup which will help me with my struggles.

I am no Albert Einstein but I have pretty good grades 7s and above in all subjects so A-Levels are looking likely for next year.

Also, there are 3 possible sixthforms and 1 is my highschools, the other has rejected me becuase my predicted grades were too low, and the other is not accepting external applicants. Im just going to see what happens on results day really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending