Law at Queens University Belfast

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi, lower 6th student thinking of studying Law at queens starting 2022. Any advice for personal statements/is the course generally well liked and enjoyed by students? Heard from some that they really didn’t enjoy it and just trying to work out if it is something I really want to do (plus, I have no clue where to begin for personal statements haha)
jane_77
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, lower 6th student thinking of studying Law at queens starting 2022. Any advice for personal statements/is the course generally well liked and enjoyed by students? Heard from some that they really didn’t enjoy it and just trying to work out if it is something I really want to do (plus, I have no clue where to begin for personal statements haha)
Hi there I got an offer for Law at Queens a few months ago (they're now my firm choice in case I don't get into Trinity or UCD). I can't speak as to any personal experience of the course, but if you want to DM me I can share my Personal Statement with you?
Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi Anonymous,

Great that you are conisdering Queen's. Although not a law student myself, my flatmate has just completed her law degree. For her she really enjoyed the course and is now going onto do a masters at Boston University. You can always talk to one of course ambassadors if you would like to hear more about studying at Queen's. https://www.qub.ac.uk/Study/chat-with-students/
I would say that in general for all CV's try to avoid cliches, and showcase your genuine interest and knowledge in the subject. Discuss an online course, a placement or even a book that made you want to study law.
Good luck

Thanks,
Team Queen's
Charlotte, Third year, English and History.
Last edited by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (148)
41.81%
Not yet, but I will soon (65)
18.36%
No (141)
39.83%

Watched Threads