justinfokkk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am the conditional offer holders of three university, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham, of the subject of psychology, while I am thinking how to put my firm choice and insurance choice among them, can anyone give me some ideas? (I am from Hong Kong and I haven't visit any one of them before)
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good advice on How to Choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices. Also worth looking at Campus Tour films and tourist films for each place on YouTube.

Here, for instance is Bristol -
University - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CGXvsjRjno
City - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q
Lex_1732
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by justinfokkk)
I am the conditional offer holders of three university, Manchester, Bristol and Birmingham, of the subject of psychology, while I am thinking how to put my firm choice and insurance choice among them, can anyone give me some ideas? (I am from Hong Kong and I haven't visit any one of them before)
Hi! I am a psychology undergraduate from HK too.

I would advise you to go to their university website and see what the campus and city are like, what career and academic support they give, and possible scholarships/bursaries you might be eligible for. Equally important is to look through their psychology course page and see if you like their modules and content.
Additionally, it would be useful to make a spreadsheet and rate each university on different benchmarks, so you can make comparisons easier.
Also, don't hesitate to talk to current students/alumni to get to know more about those universities.

*Feel free to message me if you have any further questions
UoB - Social Sciences
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello, congratulations on getting a conditional offer at the University of Birmingham!

My names Beckye and I am a final year student studying Social Policy and Sociology.

Our BSc Psychology undergraduate is accredited by the British Psychological Society, this gives you eligibility for a graduate membership, provided that the minimum standard of qualification of second-class Honours is achieved.

Also here are some undergraduate students of psychology talking about their experience: https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools...ate/index.aspx

If you have any questions in relation to university life or accommodation please don't hesitate to contact me!
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by justinfokkk)
Hi there

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them. Have you had an opportunity to watch YouTube videos about the different universities? You may be able to find tours of their psychology department or the university

I hope this helps,

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
justinfokkk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lex_1732)
Hi! I am a psychology undergraduate from HK too.

I would advise you to go to their university website and see what the campus and city are like, what career and academic support they give, and possible scholarships/bursaries you might be eligible for. Equally important is to look through their psychology course page and see if you like their modules and content.
Additionally, it would be useful to make a spreadsheet and rate each university on different benchmarks, so you can make comparisons easier.
Also, don't hesitate to talk to current students/alumni to get to know more about those universities.

*Feel free to message me if you have any further questions
Thanks a lot! May I know which university are you studying?
KelvinObi23
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, can I message you in regards to why you consider BCU over other universities?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads