Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How diverse is Uni of Liverpool as regards to diversity and ethnic culture? Is there lots of Asian students? If so, which accommodation would you say is the most diverse?
Bigman02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve been wondering myself, I’m Asian and planning to go here. Dm me your socials if you wanna talk or smth.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How diverse is Uni of Liverpool as regards to diversity and ethnic culture? Is there lots of Asian students? If so, which accommodation would you say is the most diverse?
Hi there,

I hope you're well

From my experience, Liverpool is really diverse regarding different ethnic cultures & religions. As it's a campus Uni, it's so nice seeing everyone from different backgrounds, and all coming together to study. I'm actually Asian too haha, and there are a lot of Asian students that choose to study here because it's so diverse and friendly. All of the Uni's accommodation are diverse and friendly, but I stayed at Crown and never had any problems

If you're wanting to specifically make friends with other Asians at the university, there are quite a few society's that can cater to this; for example British Asian Society. Here's the link if you want to check it out https://www.liverpoolguild.org/group...n-society-7e81

Hope that helps

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bigman02)
I’ve been wondering myself, I’m Asian and planning to go here. Dm me your socials if you wanna talk or smth.
It's not as diverse as most city universities, and there is no particular accommodation that is more diverse, however, it's still fairly diverse as a university overall. There are lots of East Asian students, who make up around 20% of the entire student body, and a decent number of South Asian students. I met fewer SE Asians during my time there, but there are some. Most East Asian international students seemed to live in Unite or Crown Place.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Bigman02)
What Asian are you? And what have you applied for?
Bigman02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What Asian are you? And what have you applied for?
Pakistani, applied to study law. Wbu?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (3)
11.54%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (8)
30.77%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
7.69%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (2)
7.69%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (0)
0%
I think it's an unfair expectation (10)
38.46%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
3.85%

Watched Threads