The Student Room Group

Did I ruin this person's life?

So I have this really good friend (f16) who is dating this player (m16) who is known to cheat and lie. My friend is so sweet and kind and loves everyone and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I never really liked him because I knew what he had done to other good friends and I never really supported the relationship because I never wanted her to get hurt. Although I was very vocal about this to her and I told her no matter what she does I'll support her as a person and love her unconditionally. So, while at school lunch with a group of people he started talking about her "being too friendly" with people and how she was not loyal which is wildly inaccurate. In fact, he is too friendly with his ex girlfriend in class but when that topic was brought up he shut it down and said he hated her. Anyways when he started talking about her I secretly recorded the floor with the phone so I could pick up the audio on what he was saying so I could show his girlfriend what she was saying. Later that day I showed her the video and she was rightfully upset and broke up with him. He started texting me saying that it wasn't my business and that I am a *****. While I agree that it wasn't really my business, he was telling a group of 6 people all about it, so it wasn't really a private matter. I also just wanted my friend to know what was happening so she knew what her boyfriend was saying about her when she wasn't around. Was this a bad move? He might try and spread rumors about me, but I don't really care that much. I sort of feel bad for invading his privacy but he said it in a public space and what he was saying was essentially calling her a whore. Let me know your opinions lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
You are a friend that everyone wants.
Original post by zakulla
So I have this really good friend (f) who is dating this player (m) who is known to cheat and lie. My friend is so sweet and kind and loves everyone and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I never really liked him because I knew what he had done to other good friends and I never really supported the relationship because I never wanted her to get hurt. Although I was very vocal about this to her and I told her no matter what she does I'll support her as a person and love her unconditionally. So, while at school lunch with a group of people he started talking about her "being too friendly" with people and how she was not loyal which is wildly inaccurate. In fact, he is too friendly with his ex girlfriend in class but when that topic was brought up he shut it down and said he hated her. Anyways when he started talking about her I secretly recorded the floor with the phone so I could pick up the audio on what he was saying so I could show his girlfriend what she was saying. Later that day I showed her the video and she was rightfully upset and broke up with him. He started texting me saying that it wasn't my business and that I am a *****. While I agree that it wasn't really my business, he was telling a group of 6 people all about it, so it wasn't really a private matter. I also just wanted my friend to know what was happening so she knew what her boyfriend was saying about her when she wasn't around. Was this a bad move? He might try and spread rumors about me, but I don't really care that much. I sort of feel bad for invading his privacy but he said it in a public space and what he was saying was essentially calling her a whore. Let me know your opinions lol.

Well done, you're a great friend! :biggrin:
Sounds like he talked smack about his girlfriend in public and got what was coming to him. She probably would have heard it from someone anyway - best it was you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by zakulla
So I have this really good friend (f) who is dating this player (m) who is known to cheat and lie. My friend is so sweet and kind and loves everyone and gave him the benefit of the doubt. I never really liked him because I knew what he had done to other good friends and I never really supported the relationship because I never wanted her to get hurt. Although I was very vocal about this to her and I told her no matter what she does I'll support her as a person and love her unconditionally. So, while at school lunch with a group of people he started talking about her "being too friendly" with people and how she was not loyal which is wildly inaccurate. In fact, he is too friendly with his ex girlfriend in class but when that topic was brought up he shut it down and said he hated her. Anyways when he started talking about her I secretly recorded the floor with the phone so I could pick up the audio on what he was saying so I could show his girlfriend what she was saying. Later that day I showed her the video and she was rightfully upset and broke up with him. He started texting me saying that it wasn't my business and that I am a *****. While I agree that it wasn't really my business, he was telling a group of 6 people all about it, so it wasn't really a private matter. I also just wanted my friend to know what was happening so she knew what her boyfriend was saying about her when she wasn't around. Was this a bad move? He might try and spread rumors about me, but I don't really care that much. I sort of feel bad for invading his privacy but he said it in a public space and what he was saying was essentially calling her a whore. Let me know your opinions lol.

You were right to do that tbh. That’ll learn him for ****ging of his gf when he of all people should support her.
I think you did the right thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending