?
Report 14 years ago
the heinmann one.
Asian cutie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i have that one but i dont really lik it. any other good ones?
ThugzMansion7
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
or the cgp rev. guide, once you've completed p1
Aitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Heinemann P1 Revision guide is useful.

ISBN 0435511106

I find the way that these revision guides reverse the content order of the standard text is good for revision. Essential memorising first, THEN worked examples, exercises, test yourself... New examples and exercises too - not just repeats of the standard text examples.

Fairly cheap, worth having.

Aitch
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
The Heinemann textbook and revision book, along with past papers are the way to go.
I'm extremely skeptical as to the use of maths revision books. Only bother using them if they have an abundance of questions (with answers) for you to do.
david cool
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
u could go and get the text book with all p1-p3 init kinda old but I like. done by bostock and chandler
faa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
revision books leave out sooooooo much!! You should have a textbook, possibly two for each module. If my P1 book is not very good for explaining something then i'll browse at the AQA or OCR one.

Exam papers are only good with GOOD explained mark schemes, that way you can work through the answer...........

best wishes

faa
faa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by david cool)
u could go and get the text book with all p1-p3 init kinda old but I like. done by bostock and chandler
i got that one too, its quite good!
Chris87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by faa)
revision books leave out sooooooo much!! You should have a textbook, possibly two for each module. If my P1 book is not very good for explaining something then i'll browse at the AQA or OCR one.

Exam papers are only good with GOOD explained mark schemes, that way you can work through the answer...........

best wishes

faa
CGP revision guides explain the answers in the back of the book.
naiidian
Report 14 years ago
Theyre written for MEI maths, run by OCR, but the Hodder and Stoughton books are quite good, tho they lack many exam standard exercises for the higher modules, but the P1 1 is good.
Asian cutie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
wat is the name of the hodder nad stoughton books? do u think they good for self teaching?
Gaz031
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Chris87)
CGP revision guides explain the answers in the back of the book.
Surely that takes out the whole thinking and problem solving process? If you can't find the answer you're not tempted to carry on thinking, you'll just look at the solution.
Chris87
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Gaz031)
Surely that takes out the whole thinking and problem solving process? If you can't find the answer you're not tempted to carry on thinking, you'll just look at the solution.
Arguably yes, but its still good if you've spent hours learning something and still can't get the correct answer.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1273)
79.66%
Leave (325)
20.34%

Watched Threads