Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer to study politics and international relations at UCL and an offer at McGill arts to study economics and politics. I’m not too sure what I want to study for my masters but I definitely want to keep my options open. Which course and which university will permit me to do that ? Ps: I’m french and going to McGill would be much much cheaper
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an offer to study politics and international relations at UCL and an offer at McGill arts to study economics and politics. I’m not too sure what I want to study for my masters but I definitely want to keep my options open. Which course and which university will permit me to do that ? Ps: I’m french and going to McGill would be much much cheaper
If I were you I would probably go for McGill (unless your really prefer UCL's London location). In my opinion, McGill and UCL have roughly the same reputation but I would choose McGill because:
- it is cheaper
- of the programme. When studying politics and economics, you will definitely also study international relations while having deep knowledge of economics. But if you only study politics and international relations then your knowledge of economics will be much more superificial.

But honestly both options are great and both will allow you to do a wide variety of master programmes so you can't really go wrong with either of them.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I were you I would probably go for McGill (unless your really prefer UCL's London location). In my opinion, McGill and UCL have roughly the same reputation but I would choose McGill because:
- it is cheaper
- of the programme. When studying politics and economics, you will definitely also study international relations while having deep knowledge of economics. But if you only study politics and international relations then your knowledge of economics will be much more superificial.

But honestly both options are great and both will allow you to do a wide variety of master programmes so you can't really go wrong with either of them.
Thank you so much for the response! It really helped me make my decision, McGill is probably the best option for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads