Cifas marker ! Going to uni in september

Watch this thread
dunni4you
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I’ve just received my Cifas DSAR to check why bank are declining my applications. & I haven’t had a bank account since 2019 to my Santander being closed due to a minor (£130) fraudulent transaction that went into my account. I now need a UK bank account for my student finance but I can’t get accepted to any. I don’t trust my student finance in credit union or pre paid cards . Does anyone have any advice on how I could get a bank account ?
Last edited by dunni4you; 1 year ago
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dunni4you)
So I’ve just received my Cifas DSAR to check why bank are declining my applications. & I haven’t had a bank account since 2019 to my Santander being closed due to a minor (£130) fraudulent transaction that went into my account. I now need a UK bank account for my student finance but I can’t get accepted to any. I don’t trust my student finance in credit union or pre paid cards . Does anyone have any advice on how I could get a bank account ?
You really don't have a choice. Known fraudsters can't be picky.
Quady
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have you contacted the police about the fraud or Cifas about the marker?
martin7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I don’t trust my student finance in credit union or pre paid cards .
What's your trust issue with credit unions? They're protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the same way that banks/building society deposits are.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could get a bank account ?
You're not in a position to be choosy here. You won't find many financial institutions who will accept you as a customer.
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by IWMTom)
You really don't have a choice. Known fraudsters can't be picky.
But I’m not a fraudstar lol.
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by Quady)
Have you contacted the police about the fraud or Cifas about the marker?
No I don’t think the police will remove the cifas marker lol.
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by martin7)
What's your trust issue with credit unions? They're protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme in the same way that banks/building society deposits are.

You're not in a position to be choosy here. You won't find many financial institutions who will accept you as a customer.
They just don’t sit right with me like I couldn’t keep huge amounts of money there but that’s true . Do you recommend and pre paid?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So where did the fraudulent transaction come in then?
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So where did the fraudulent transaction come in then?
A boy who asked me if they could send money to my card through bank transfer so I could send it to his lol
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
A boy who asked me if they could send money to my card through bank transfer so I could send it to his lol
Yea, Fraud.
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yea, Fraud.
Did I do it in with the intention of being a fraudster? NO. Did i know that it was fraud?NO. So please if your not coming to help remove yourself
martin7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So someone sent you money to you via bank transfer so you could send it straight back? Did you not think this was an odd thing to do?

It looks a lot like money laundering.

Did you explain what had happened to the bank at the time?
dunni4you
Rep:
(Original post by martin7)
So someone sent you money to you via bank transfer so you could send it straight back? Did you not think this was an odd thing to do?

It looks a lot like money laundering.

Did you explain what had happened to the bank at the time?
I did but it wasn’t even a huge amount so I didn’t think it was anything deep or think too much of it. And no Santander never gave me a chance.
Quady
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
No I don’t think the police will remove the cifas marker lol.
That's why I asked if you contacted the police about the fraud or Cifas about the marker.

Rather than asking if you contacted Cufas about the fraud or the police about the marker.

So have you contacted the police about the fraud or Cifas about the marker?
Last edited by Quady; 1 year ago
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I did but it wasn’t even a huge amount so I didn’t think it was anything deep or think too much of it. And no Santander never gave me a chance.
They don't need an explanation from you based on your account of events. They won't remove it.
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So you are a known fraudster then.

There's **** all you can do. Deal with it and move on.
Last edited by IWMTom; 1 year ago
dunni4you
Rep:
There is actually I’ve got a lawyer thanks for your **** advice
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
There is actually I’ve got a lawyer thanks for your **** advice
Sure you do pal, good luck with that; they can't do anything for you :laugh:
StriderHort
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Did I do it in with the intention of being a fraudster? NO. Did i know that it was fraud?NO. So please if your not coming to help remove yourself
Well the bank certainly suspect you had some involvement, and there's CIfas markers that can be added to genuine victims of fraud also. You absolutely and legally should have known that was fraud, it's just so obvious and the bank spell out in black and white not to let others use your account.

There's no point getting snippy with people who've worked in these sectors telling you the truth
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
There's no point getting snippy with people who've worked in these sectors telling you the truth
Hear, hear!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
32.98%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (43)
45.74%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
20.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads