The Student Room Group

Withdrew from my PGCE IN 2020 AND REAPPLYING

I had abad time in my first placement and was given cause of concern due too my bad health and missing few lessons and than having unsupportive team. I knew I was going to fail my PGCE after being bullied continuously by my mentor and the team. I withdrew in last few weeks. I took up the whole bursary.
I have reapplied for the training again but think I won't get a bursary to support my training this year. I am thinking is it right if I just go for the ASSESSMENT only route or the whole training route again. I have applied to another subject and another university this time. Would I be eligible for another bursary.
Original post by Ruzy99
I had abad time in my first placement and was given cause of concern due too my bad health and missing few lessons and than having unsupportive team. I knew I was going to fail my PGCE after being bullied continuously by my mentor and the team. I withdrew in last few weeks. I took up the whole bursary.
I have reapplied for the training again but think I won't get a bursary to support my training this year. I am thinking is it right if I just go for the ASSESSMENT only route or the whole training route again. I have applied to another subject and another university this time. Would I be eligible for another bursary.

Based on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/initial-teacher-training-itt-bursary-funding-manual/initial-teacher-training-bursaries-funding-manual-2021-to-2022-academic-year#bursary-and-scholarship-payments

If you have received your fully bursary entitlement, it may impact your eligibility for a new bursary. I think you will need to discuss it with your provider, and they, in turn, will need to discuss the situation with the DfE.

If you're entitled to a scholarship for your course, instead, I believe your eligability is not impacted.

I think you are a bit confused about the assessment only route- to access the assessment only route, you will normally be doing paid work in a school, which means you would not be allowed to get an ITT bursary on top of your usual wage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending