Texting after a first date!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi all!

Yesterday, a girl I (17M) both went on a (first) first date together, and really hit it off. Afterwards, I sent a message thanking her for everything, and we both agreed that we would like to meet each other again.

When it comes to this kind of thing I am really inexperienced, and wondered if anybody had some advice on when it would be appropriate to get in touch again, maybe just to talk? We had a really great time, but I didn't want her to think that I am coming on to quickly, but not interested either. Would it be better to wait and see if she gets back in touch with me?

Thank you all for your time.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you seem to have handled the first bit quite well. if you want to start a conversation with her soon, make sure it's about something worth talking about, not just a "hey what's up" that way she's not going to get second thoughts
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
you seem to have handled the first bit quite well. if you want to start a conversation with her soon, make sure it's about something worth talking about, not just a "hey what's up" that way she's not going to get second thoughts
Thank you so much - that was kind of what I was thinking. Like, mentioning listening to a band she recommended or something?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much - that was kind of what I was thinking. Like, mentioning listening to a band she recommended or something?
sounds a bit dead to me

if something interesing happened to either of you worth discussing, i'd start with that. music is a bit of a deadweight once you're done talking about it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by HoldThisL)
sounds a bit dead to me

if something interesing happened to either of you worth discussing, i'd start with that. music is a bit of a deadweight once you're done talking about it
Alright, thank you so much for that - I'll definitely bear that in mind. I feel like I am kind of navigating unknown territory here, so I really appreciate your advice
nadia111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi all!

Yesterday, a girl I (17M) both went on a (first) first date together, and really hit it off. Afterwards, I sent a message thanking her for everything, and we both agreed that we would like to meet each other again.

When it comes to this kind of thing I am really inexperienced, and wondered if anybody had some advice on when it would be appropriate to get in touch again, maybe just to talk? We had a really great time, but I didn't want her to think that I am coming on to quickly, but not interested either. Would it be better to wait and see if she gets back in touch with me?

Thank you all for your time.
You were great!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by nadia111)
You were great!
Ah, thank you! I was definitely nervous, having never dated before, and only exchanging a few messages with them before-hand, but we really had a great time (and definitely memorable), I think.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (6)
10.34%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.17%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
43.1%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
24.14%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads