Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which subject would be easier? Less content heavy? Better timings on exams? Any other info would be helpful. For a level law exam board will most likely be OCR and for A level sociology most likely AQA
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sociology is probably less content heavy; can't say for exams
nadia111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
Which subject would be easier? Less content heavy? Better timings on exams? Any other info would be helpful. For a level law exam board will most likely be OCR and for A level sociology most likely AQA
a level law is hard

a level sociology is 10 times easier
Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by nadia111)
a level law is hard

a level sociology is 10 times easier
Is that speaking from experience? Do you do both? If you do could you let me know what exam boards you do.
username5701862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm doing both A-level Law and Sociology so I can speak from experience. To me, they're both difficult but so is every other qualification out there and of course, some may find certain ones easier than others but overall, they're challenging because they're meant to be. Both subjects require memorisation and understanding of the topics and you'll be tested on this in the exam. I find it easy to apply some of the knowledge from A-level law to sociology and sometimes, you can apply it the other way around. I find Sociology equally, if not more, content-heavy in comparison to A-level Law.

Do not pick a subject just because you think it'll be easier. The thing with A-levels is that you need to have an appreciation for that subject otherwise, it'll be very hard for you to find the motivation to revise and succeed in your exams.
Last edited by username5701862; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.54%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.49%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (61)
12.08%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.54%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.36%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.5%
Financial worries (30)
5.94%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.34%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.97%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (50)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise