The Student Room Group

Considering a Second Masters

Hi everyone!

After completing my first masters in chemistry I have been thinking about getting into IT, mainly to learn how to code and apply it to the financial sector. FYI, I do not want to become a data analyst , but someone who is part of a team that helps develop a virtual financial product related to Blockchain technology. Therefore, I have been considering doing a masters in computer science. However, I have seen some fintech masters that also look appealing. At the moment, I am not sure if it would be the best fit for what I want to do in my career goals.
you don't need a compsci/technical masters to work in financial technology as you've already got a STEM degree(s) which are the usual fintech job requirement. it'll be a lot cheaper to learn some fundamentals yourself and then find fitting jobs than to have it all taught to you just so you can qualify for the minority of jobs that require a cs degree over a normal stem one

of course there's no shortage of jobs for which the degree would help you in, but its very expensive and, even with the degree, the employer is going to want some initiative (tech projects, rather than just degrees)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending