Can I apply to Manchester University, kcl, or ucl with my first year results on ucas

Watch
Yanzi_Liu
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
If I can, how much points should I need to earn?
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
First year uni results or AS levels?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
First year results of what?
Yanzi_Liu
Rep:
?
of my first year in Glasgow
Yanzi_Liu
Rep:
?
(Original post by one_two_three)
First year uni results or AS levels?
of my first year in Glasgow
one_two_three
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You can apply but your results don't get you any ucas points so you still only have what you applied to Glasgow with.

Glasgow is a good university - why do you want to change?
Yanzi_Liu
Rep:
?
You can apply but your results don't get you any ucas points so you still only have what you applied to Glasgow with.

Glasgow is a good university - why do you want to change?
The University of Glasgow is ranked behind them in qs
one_two_three
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Anything you get at university will not provide you with any UCAS points for a new application. If you are wanting to attend another university then you either need to meet the qualification requirements using the same qualifications that got you into Glasgow or complete your degree at Glasgow and complete your masters elsewhere. You are too late in the year to be applying to any of these universities for a 2021 start anyway so by the time you could start you would be halfway through your degree.
Yanzi_Liu
Rep:
?
Anything you get at university will not provide you with any UCAS points for a new application. If you are wanting to attend another university then you either need to meet the qualification requirements using the same qualifications that got you into Glasgow or complete your degree at Glasgow and complete your masters elsewhere. You are too late in the year to be applying to any of these universities for a 2021 start anyway so by the time you could start you would be halfway through your degree.
Thanks for you reply! You are very kind.
I think you did not understand me well.
I mean, can I use my first year weighted average score from Glasgow University to apply to other universities?
Thanks!!
one_two_three
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No you cannot. You do not get ucas points for anything gained at university. If you need them as evidence of fulfilling a particular requirement of the degree then you can comment on that but the only qualifications that count for admission to undergrad is up to level 3. Uni is level 4 and above.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
This was answered for you in your previous thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...697&highlight=
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Yanzi_Liu)
Thanks for you reply! You are very kind.
I think you did not understand me well.
I mean, can I use my first year weighted average score from Glasgow University to apply to other universities?
Thanks!!
Yes you can but this isn’t the best option. You would be better resitting level 3 qualifications and reapplying.

You wouldn’t be able to get entry into second year of a degree in England with first year from Glasgow.

Read the University Transfer FAQ Thread at the top of the applications, clearing and ucas forum
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Yanzi_Liu)
The University of Glasgow is ranked behind them in qs
Are you really that naïve after a year at Uni to think that rankings actually matter?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads