The Student Room Group

Why are short women so rude to me?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by V℮rsions
Modesty

Right because every single tall guys is modest, smh
Original post by Anonymous
Why would it be more likely to be due to something else other than his height?

A man being 5 foot 4 is pretty much the biggest turnoff imaginable. By far the most likely explanation is due to his height.

Then I guess all the married men that are 5'4 are ****ed over right?
Original post by ammarqureshi55
Because we often feel like we have a better chance with short women have you ever thought about that?

I totally understand that that is your reasoning. :smile:

I'm just questioning whether it's actually accurate? Short girls (just like average height or taller girls) don't like being targeted by short men.
Right because every single tall guys is modest, smh

women aren't men.
It's 'cool' to be a tall man, you're told women like it.
But women are often treated badly for it - especially if they have their growth spurt early on in puberty, some get bullied for it. Women don't hold envy over other tall women, women are told men like small women. You get where I'm going?

edit: I was referring to that tall women are modest, not the men - incase you didn't catch that
(edited 2 years ago)
women aren't men.
It's 'cool' to be a tall man, you're told women like it.
But women are often treated badly for it - especially if they have their growth spurt early on in puberty, some get bullied for it. Women don't hold envy over other tall women, women are told men like small women. You get where I'm going?

What the **** are you saying?
Why would it be more likely to be due to something else other than his height?

A man being 5 foot 4 is pretty much the biggest turnoff imaginable. By far the most likely explanation is due to his height.

Not always. I've known 5'4 men who've had success with women. If you're 5'4 and compensate for it with other desirable attributes you will find women who'll see past the height. Granted it'll be harder than for someone who's 6'0 but it's not beyond the realms of impossibility. OP isn't doomed to be single for the rest of his life because he's 5'4. He's just unfortunately going to have a harder time finding a girl. But he can increase his chances by compensating for it.
I totally understand that that is your reasoning. :smile:

I'm just questioning whether it's actually accurate? Short girls (just like average height or taller girls) don't like being targeted by short men.

Do you honestly think short men have a choice? Wtf are we supposed to do? Allow our ESP to read minds of women and allow them to communicate with us through superpowers hoping they'll like us?
Well, there's no point getting bitter over it mate, that definitely wont get you anywhere
Well, there's no point getting bitter over it mate, that definitely wont get you anywhere

I don't know what you're getting at and it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about
why r u counting women
Original post by caramelon
why r u counting women

I'm not? I'm mentioning the count of women and their heights that were nasty towards me
Original post by SirNoodles
Not always. I've known 5'4 men who've had success with women. If you're 5'4 and compensate for it with other desirable attributes you will find women who'll see past the height. Granted it'll be harder than for someone who's 6'0 but it's not beyond the realms of impossibility. OP isn't doomed to be single for the rest of his life because he's 5'4. He's just unfortunately going to have a harder time finding a girl. But he can increase his chances by compensating for it.

Yep, I broadly agree with this. But I think, if OP is 5 foot 4, that's the most likely reason that he's struggling.

Do I think it makes it impossible for him? Well, no, of course not. There are men who are 5 foot 4 with partners out there.

But I think a man who is 5 foot 4 is going to seriously seriously struggle in the world of dating.
Yep, I broadly agree with this. But I think, if OP is 5 foot 4, that's the most likely reason that he's struggling.

Do I think it makes it impossible for him? Well, no, of course not. There are men who are 5 foot 4 with partners out there.

But I think a man who is 5 foot 4 is going to seriously seriously struggle in the world of dating.

And water is wet
And water is wet

no, water makes things wet
no, water makes things wet

Again with the random comments that make no sense.
Aw im sorry youre being treated like that. Firstly there's sooo many women who go for short guys all you need to be is confident. Im 5ft2 but id never give dirty looks to a guy for his height like what who am I to even do that.They must be rude people who no one likes. Girls I know wouldn't do that either and nor would I. There will be someone who likes you for you :smile:

Exactly, we're basically arguing the same point. As I already said he's just going to have to work hard to compensate for his height.
Aw im sorry youre being treated like that. Firstly there's sooo many women who go for short guys all you need to be is confident. Im 5ft2 but id never give dirty looks to a guy for his height like what who am I to even do that.They must be rude people who no one likes. Girls I know wouldn't do that either and nor would I. There will be someone who likes you for you :smile:

According to an individual on here I'm subjected to a life of loneliness and basically will die alone because I'm 5'4. There's rude people in this very thread it's like you can't get away from them
Again with the random comments that make no sense.

have you gotten hench yet? as the others are saying, compensate.
have you gotten hench yet? as the others are saying, compensate.

Compensate with what? Why should I be listening to someone that wants tall guys because of "modesty"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending