downloaded images not showing in gallery

Watch this thread
h0ney.b33
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hi okay, so i downloaded some stuff from chrome by pressing and holding, and then deleted from my gallery. the issue now is, they dont show in my gallery app, or downloads app, but if i go to send a photo via like whatsapp or discord i either have gray squares (that say this file is not supported) or a few of the photos still there? theyre not in my gallery at all, and im just wondering how do i find them to delete?
i have a redmi note 9
edit: i have managed to find and remove the photos remaining, still have the gray boxes though which is annoying
Last edited by h0ney.b33; 11 months ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
I think the grey boxes would be removed if you took a photo and deleted it. It'd still show up, but it'll only be one grey box. Not much you can do about it.
h0ney.b33
Rep:
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
I think the grey boxes would be removed if you took a photo and deleted it. It'd still show up, but it'll only be one grey box. Not much you can do about it.
im not sure what you mean sorry? i didnt take the photos myself, i downloaded them,,
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Report 11 months ago
Download ES file explorer and try to find them. If you know the filename of the file, it would be easier to search.
h0ney.b33
Rep:
(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
Download ES file explorer and try to find them. If you know the filename of the file, it would be easier to search.
ah, thanks but ive heard it isnt safe,, do you know any alternatives?
h0ney.b33
Rep:
update: im using solid explorer, and i found them but when i delete them nothing happens? theyre still there,
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by h0ney.b33)
ah, thanks but ive heard it isnt safe,, do you know any alternatives?
update: im using solid explorer, and i found them but when i delete them nothing happens? theyre still there,
Try using your PC to search them but also make sure that 'show hidden files' is ticked in windows file explorer.
h0ney.b33
Rep:
Try using your PC to search them but also make sure that 'show hidden files' is ticked in windows file explorer.
wait nevermind! i did used the file thing and rebooted my phone and theyve all gone,, for now at least,, i really appreciate the help
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
im not sure what you mean sorry? i didnt take the photos myself, i downloaded them,,
Oh, I assumed you had the same issue as I did. Sorry I couldn't help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
21.62%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.11%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
10.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (4)
10.81%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
21.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (10)
27.03%

Watched Threads