Worrying about my health

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've had a diet coke bottle, Fanta, glass of regular coke and a fanta bottle today. Downstairs is just loads of drinks and it's hard to not go downstairs to get one because they are like kind of addictive. I just have a had a fanta, I checked the sugar levels and it's in red on the label. I have been having like 2 or 3 drinks daily the past few days, at college I get them, I come home and have one sometimes. I have also had takeaways and have been having them a few times each week for the past few weeks.

I now have just been worried about getting fat or an early grave. All this fast food companies and these drink companies they are all making money but I just am risking my health and heading myself to an early grave. I just have been trying to change for the past few weeks and I end up going back to normal. Like my cousin came home from his uni for his birthday and we ended up going to a restaurant again. We are going away soon and will be going to a restaurant again for a few days. I just have been sitting here stressing and worrying about my health. I'm 23 years old and I just keep worrying about my health and I get anxious about it because I don't want to end up in an early grave or fat
tenorclef
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've had a diet coke bottle, Fanta, glass of regular coke and a fanta bottle today. Downstairs is just loads of drinks and it's hard to not go downstairs to get one because they are like kind of addictive. I just have a had a fanta, I checked the sugar levels and it's in red on the label. I have been having like 2 or 3 drinks daily the past few days, at college I get them, I come home and have one sometimes. I have also had takeaways and have been having them a few times each week for the past few weeks.

I now have just been worried about getting fat or an early grave. All this fast food companies and these drink companies they are all making money but I just am risking my health and heading myself to an early grave. I just have been trying to change for the past few weeks and I end up going back to normal. Like my cousin came home from his uni for his birthday and we ended up going to a restaurant again. We are going away soon and will be going to a restaurant again for a few days. I just have been sitting here stressing and worrying about my health. I'm 23 years old and I just keep worrying about my health and I get anxious about it because I don't want to end up in an early grave or fat
I doubt you'll die anytime soon because of how ur eating/drinking. The pandemic has hit everyone differently! If a couple of sugary drinks and takeaway food is helping comfort you, then that's fine!! Personally, my diet has slipped too! but so has most people's I think. But all this will pass. the pandemic will become less of an issue, and things will get back to how they once were. don't worry too much about what you're doing right now, because that will also change with time! I'd say, keep doing the things that bring you some joy/comfort in this weird time!!
TheRealMissD
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don’t worry about either because that’ll make you ill. Try learning how to cook some healthy meals like of course still go to restaurants but cook some meals in between and as for the drinks like drink water where you can (you’ll get to a point where it actually takes nice 😅😂) but honestly the more you worry, the more you’re making yourself ill x
girl_in_black
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You shouldn't blame fast food companies for your lack of self-control - you chose what you put inside your body!
tenorclef
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by girl_in_black)
You shouldn't blame fast food companies for your lack of self-control - you chose what you put inside your body!
they didn't blame the fast food companies though...
girl_in_black
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tenorclef)
they didn't blame the fast food companies though...
They kind of did:

(Original post by Anonymous)
All this fast food companies and these drink companies they are all making money but I just am risking my health
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Short term its going to do absolutely nothing. I've been drinking 3-4 litres of sugary drinks per day for about 23 years and suffered no ill effects. Long term, with a bad diet though you're going to develop early heart disease or diabetes.

Worrying though will just raise your blood pressure without achieving anything. Do something about it. Throw all the bad food out the house. Say no to takeaways and keep saying no. If it's eating in response to stress, then recognise when you're doing this and try to find another way to relax.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
15.56%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (5)
11.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
8.89%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (19)
42.22%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
17.78%

Watched Threads