Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, Christmas is coming. There's really been nothing I've wanted, but my Mum's been phoning a few times this week asking me to tell her what I'd like; and saying 'nothing' doesn't seem to be working.
    My friend offered me an Argos catalogue to look through for inspiration, and I came across machines for home laser hair removal.
    I'd love one of these - but since the surgery is so expensive professionally, I'm doubting these a lot. Has anyone used one? Do they work? I'll need to give my Mum the idea soon if I hope to get one!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If you look on google for reviews for the ones you're looking at, you might find there are a few by people that have tried it. Personally I'd be a bit doubtful of them working!

ReputationRep:
    I probably wouldn't trust it to work well enough, why not just get it done professionally? Its permanent isnt it? (Or I could be wrong!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrickthestarfish)
    I probably wouldn't trust it to work well enough, why not just get it done professionally? Its permanent isnt it? (Or I could be wrong!)
    Yeah, it's permanent, but very expensive. It's not something I'm that desperate for; just thought it would be a great Christmas present considering there's nothing else I want.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    Yeah, it's permanent, but very expensive. It's not something I'm that desperate for; just thought it would be a great Christmas present considering there's nothing else I want.
    :p:
    You could get the appointment instead

Usually when christmas comes around there's nothing I particularly want, so I get my parents to write me and "IOU 1 xmas present" and then I use it when I want something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patrickthestarfish)
    You could get the appointment instead

Usually when christmas comes around there's nothing I particularly want, so I get my parents to write me and "IOU 1 xmas present" and then I use it when I want something
    It takes loads of appointments, far too much expense.
    I don't like owing or being owed, so the IOU thing wouldn't work, but I'm sure I'll think of something else soon if I can't find people saying that these things work.

ReputationRep:
    I tried it with a Rio Lahr, and noticed no difference whatsoever. I did have some dedication, maybe not enough I suppose. It's unrealistic to expect yourself to spend that much time with the stupid thing though, they are impractical and boring, and it's disheartening to never see results!!

But really rather go to a salon, that's my aim as soon as I have the time and money! Probably would cost thousands to do a full course and make it permanent.

Meh have read some reviews on these home laser gadgets and a lot of people don't rate them - some have seen absolutely no difference at all apart from a dent in their bank balance lol.

I personally wouldn't bother, just save up for the proper laser treatment.

As for what you want for Crimbo? . . how about some money to go clothes shopping with? ok tad boring, but meh its a start I guess . . .lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Meh have read some reviews on these home laser gadgets and a lot of people don't rate them - some have seen absolutely no difference at all apart from a dent in their bank balance lol.

I personally wouldn't bother, just save up for the proper laser treatment.

As for what you want for Crimbo? . . how about some money to go clothes shopping with? ok tad boring, but meh its a start I guess . . .lol
    Clothes were my other option; but the thing is, my Mum likes to actually give gifts - money isn't an option in her case; particularly with me having three younger siblings and the atmosphere for them being in the pile of presents. I'd ask her to buy me clothes herself, but I have very specific (albeit plain) tastes, and well...she's very working class and not to be entirely trusted in the clothing department (though she's learning, with training from my brother!).

(Original post by cpj1987)
    Clothes were my other option; but the thing is, my Mum likes to actually give gifts - money isn't an option in her case; particularly with me having three younger siblings and the atmosphere for them being in the pile of presents. I'd ask her to buy me clothes herself, but I have very specific (albeit plain) tastes, and well...she's very working class and not to be entirely trusted in the clothing department (though she's learning, with training from my brother!).
    Ahhhhh lol - yea my mum use to buy clothes for me, but im too picky and clothes fit me oddly (most of the time I have to try on before I buy) so I kinda pick when we go shopping and she'll buy it for Crimbo. LOL

Well whatever present you do get, hope you like it which im sure you will do

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.