The Student Room Group

Cas number

hello i have accepted my offer recently from UWE bristol as my firm choise and I haven't gotten my CAS number yet and I have heard that you don't get the number until you have your results? and my results is being issued at August which is a month before my course starting HELP what do I do :frown:
Original post by _jess_here__
hello i have accepted my offer recently from UWE bristol as my firm choise and I haven't gotten my CAS number yet and I have heard that you don't get the number until you have your results? and my results is being issued at August which is a month before my course starting HELP what do I do :frown:

You are right, you can only have the CAS when your offer turns unconditional so only after the result day. You should wait until the result day and the uni should provide you with a CAS to apply for your visa
Original post by XanaXoid
You are right, you can only have the CAS when your offer turns unconditional so only after the result day. You should wait until the result day and the uni should provide you with a CAS to apply for your visa

will it be a problem because i have my course starting in September and I have to reach UK within this short amount of time I also read that you have to apply for CAS like 3 months back?
will it be a problem because i have my course starting in September and I have to reach UK within this short amount of time I also read that you have to apply for CAS like 3 months back?

As long as you have all your documents in order and there’s no delays issuing visas in your country it shouldn’t cause any problems.

If you’re likely to need to quarantine on arrival then you might need to study remotely for the first few weeks of the course but UWE should be able to support you with that.

It’s doesn’t take 3 months to get a CAS once you gone unconditional. In August it can just be a few days. Getting a visa is the longer part. You should check timescales for priority and non-priority visa applications.

The CAS should take 2-3 days after the uni has approved the document and the visa usually take 3 weeks. So you should be fine
I haven't gotten my CAS number yet and I have heard that you don't get the number until you have your results

The Universities are efficient at this and they'll issue your CAS very quickly.

Make sure your Firm and Insurance Unis both have your up-to-date passport info, and that everything else to do with your visa application is complete and totally ready-to-go, and you should have no problems.

Thousands of students do this every year - and are able to arrive/start their course on time.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest