The Student Room Group

A level choices

I've been thinking about my a level choices for months and i have no idea what i wanna do or any idea what kind of degree i want😕

Ive heard humanities subjects are bad but i enjoy english lit /art at school and i think philosophy looks interesting.I dont mind biology though or maybe i should take geography so i have 2 facilitating subjects??
possible combinations:
English lit/philosophy/art
English lit/geography/biology
English lit/biology/art
English lit/geography/art
English lit/geography/philosophy
English lit/biology/philosophy

idk i just cant make up my mind😅
Original post by snazsey
I've been thinking about my a level choices for months and i have no idea what i wanna do or any idea what kind of degree i want😕

Ive heard humanities subjects are bad but i enjoy english lit /art at school and i think philosophy looks interesting.I dont mind biology though or maybe i should take geography so i have 2 facilitating subjects??
possible combinations:
English lit/philosophy/art
English lit/geography/biology
English lit/biology/art
English lit/geography/art
English lit/geography/philosophy
English lit/biology/philosophy

idk i just cant make up my mind😅

From looking at your combinations I would personally go with the English lit/geography/biology combo because it opens up the most doors. If you really have no idea I would atleast do biology because then that keeps the science route open for you. Facilitating subjects aren’t really as important as schools make them out to be so don’t get too hung up on them.
Alternatively the final combo with philosophy instead of geography is also quite a good combo and most unis regard it as a very much acceptable a level to the point Oxford will give offers to people with philosophy! Worst comes to it you can switch in the first few weeks of sixth form but good luck ☺️
Reply 2
Hey, all these combinations are great. My best advice would be to go with what you enjoy! You said you enjoy English lit and art so I think you should defiantly go with these two.
In terms of facilitating subjects, I don't think you need to be too bothered about this. You're much more likely to succeed in A-levels which you enjoy! Similar to the previous reply, I also think Biology would be a good option along side english lit and art as this opens up doors to science degrees.
Best of luck!
Biology and chemistry are hard cause all the tryhards who want to do medicine pick it
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply