The Student Room Group

Bournemouth uni accommodation

Hi does anyone know when selecting accommodation for halls or student village, are you able to select how many people you live with ie specify sharing a 3, 5 or 7 people unit? Or is it in the lap of the gods?
Original post by Arigna
Hi does anyone know when selecting accommodation for halls or student village, are you able to select how many people you live with ie specify sharing a 3, 5 or 7 people unit? Or is it in the lap of the gods?

Hello Arigna,

My name is Tia and I study BA (Hons) Communication and Media at BU. Our accommodation booking system is one of the reasons I chose BU! You get to pick who you live with and how many people, so it is completely up to you. You'll log into a portal and make a profile (I recommend giving as much detail as possible so you end up with people with similar interests as you). Then, you can go in and select which building you want to live in, which floor you want to live on, which flat you want (this is where you'll see how many people are in each flat), and you even choose which room you want. When you select a flat you'll either see no one has chosen it so you can select any room available to you and people will select to be your flat mates based on your profile, or you will see people's profiles who have already chosen a room and you can choose to live with them or select another flat. This way it ensures you have more control over who you live with and have a better time at uni. You'll be able to select how tidy you are, if you like going out, if you're good at cooking, etc. and then there is a bio where you can put more detail.

I hope this has helped - Tia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending