Blue_skies124
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve picked pharmacy to do as my degree but I don’t know exactly what I want to do in life
If I was able to get the top grades I would have done medicine but I feel like being in lockdown and having extenuating circumstances had a really huge impact in me doing well
I don’t know what I enjoy and I’m scared that I won’t get the grades I want for A levels especially considering that teachers are looking at all past assessments rather than the ones we did at the end of the year
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know it can be scary not knowing what you want to do for the rest of your life. I'd say if you had/have an interest in pharmacy continue with that and follow that path for a while. If it doesn't work out for you, you could always go back and pick another degree.
John Rehman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is pretty common problem for many teenagers and I would say the minute people find out what they want to do in life that is the key moment.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That does sound lovely, @ sunny, but you're forgetting funding for a 2nd degree if you didn't like the first one, can be a whole different ball game and harder to obtain!

To the OP, unless you have done at LEAST 2 or 3 days in a chain chemist like Boots or Lloyds, as that is where two thirds of pharmacy graduates end up, then think very, very hard before starting the half a decade slog to a 'career' in pharmacy on £18-20 an hour. The money hasn't moved in a decade. I earn less now, than I did in 2008.

Although I do agree with the forum helper, that if have an interest in that area, (and are not bothered by money) then go for it, if that's what you think is best for you.

PS. Those pharmacists, that really, really wanted to be Drs, are the most unhappiest pharmacists of them all. So think very carefully and seek advice from college/school on taking a gap year/ doing a re-sit and re-applying and beefing up your application to medical school.
Last edited by 0895; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (88)
28.66%
No (219)
71.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed