The Student Room Group

Options Alevel - Help!

So I’d like to be a nurse or an teacher.

I have Chosen 2 Alevels and a BTEC.
( I cannot do traditional sciances like biology because I’m on foundation and achieving 5s )

Psychology
English Literature
Btec applied science

I do have reasons for picking these and they are not “random”

Most unis I looked at ask for 2 alevels or equivalent which should be fine as the btec is lvl 3.

Psychology and English are both essay based so they already go nicely together.

I chose English because is one of my stronger subjects ( 6/7s ) and it can be enjoyable. Though it’s not my favourite subject I think I’d be able to pass this alevels if I do all the work set and work well with my time.

Also english is there so if I later decide I don’t want to go on to being a nurse and enjoy English more I can do a degree in English and become and English secondary teacher or go and teach in a Primary school as my gsces would already meet the requirements.

I can’t do traditional sciences and my teacher said I would be good at applied science and suggested it to me as an option.

To go into nursing some unis require Two alevel or btec science options and therefore linking both applied science and psychology.

Let me know what you think!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JessicaWw
So I’d like to be a nurse or an teacher.

I have Chosen 2 Alevels and a BTEC.
( I cannot do traditional sciances like biology because I’m on foundation and achieving 5s )

Psychology
English Literature
Btec applied science

I do have reasons for picking these and they are not “random”

Most unis I looked at ask for 2 alevels or equivalent which should be fine as the btec is lvl 3.

Psychology and English are both essay based so they already go nicely together.

I chose English because is one of my stronger subjects ( 6/7s ) and it can be enjoyable. Though it’s not my favourite subject I think I’d be able to pass this alevels if I do all the work set and work well with my time.

Also english is there so if I later decide I don’t want to go on to being a nurse and enjoy English more I can do a degree in English and become and English secondary teacher or go and teach in a Primary school as my gsces would already meet the requirements.

I can’t do traditional sciences and my teacher said I would be good at applied science and suggested it to me as an option.

To go into nursing some unis require Two alevel or btec science options and therefore linking both applied science and psychology.

Let me know what you think!

Your A Levels seem to link nicely and open you to quite a few options in case you decide not to pursue nursing. All in all I think you've chosen very well :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PhantomMercy
Your A Levels seem to link nicely and open you to quite a few options in case you decide not to pursue nursing. All in all I think you've chosen very well :smile:

Thank you,
I was just double checking because I have until the 12th of august to fully decide. However there is summer work that my 6th form is doing and I’d like to be on top of things before I go into 6th form.

Quick Reply

Latest