The Student Room Group

ATAS delay 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jonathanlee
Applied on April 30th. ATAS came back to me twice (!) asking me to make corrections on

Were you able to do so successfully? I heard some people were unable to make corrections because the portal just wasn't working for them.
Also, did you receive your ATAS?
Reply 81
Just wanted to share about my ATAS application as I got my certificate today!

ref: 284***
for a PhD in chemistry

applied on 2nd June
never responded to any of my emails nor asked for additional info/corrections
received decision (granted) on 10th Aug (50 working days)

Was absolutely bricking it given how slow and unresponsive they are and that I needed the certificate to enrol and get accommodation - but got there in the end. Good luck to all with yours :smile:
Original post by Barkavi15
Have you received it now?

No, not yet! Still waiting
Reply 83
Original post by asain
Just wanted to share about my ATAS application as I got my certificate today!

ref: 284***
for a PhD in chemistry

applied on 2nd June
never responded to any of my emails nor asked for additional info/corrections
received decision (granted) on 10th Aug (50 working days)

Was absolutely bricking it given how slow and unresponsive they are and that I needed the certificate to enrol and get accommodation - but got there in the end. Good luck to all with yours :smile:

Congratulations
Are you a self funded or scholarship student?
Is there anybody in the groupo who has to defer their admission because of ATAS ? Even though you applied quite before time.
Original post by ashish vekariya
Is there anybody in the groupo who has to defer their admission because of ATAS ? Even though you applied quite before time.

I don't think you'll have to, you can talk to your university about the delay and they could suggest something. My course starts on the 20th of September but the teaching starts from the 4th of October. I'm sure it'll be a similar situation. Also, I can register online and be on campus within 4 weeks from the start date.
Original post by adeeba31298
I don't think you'll have to, you can talk to your university about the delay and they could suggest something. My course starts on the 20th of September but the teaching starts from the 4th of October. I'm sure it'll be a similar situation. Also, I can register online and be on campus within 4 weeks from the start date.

You mean to say of course starts from 28th September after that within one month I should join right ? My course teaching starts from 28 September.
Reply 87
Original post by adeeba31298

This is not same for each University, you should with yours. My course starts on 13th sept but classes from 20th sept.
Original post by ashish vekariya
You mean to say of course starts from 28th September after that within one month I should join right ? My course teaching starts from 28 September.

Yes!! There's an extended deadline for joining in case international students might face an issue with their visas, Covid-19 procedures etc! So, you could contact the international admissions office to know the LAST DATE TO ARRIVE ON CAMPUS.
I applied mine on 17th June , no reply yet , waiting
I applied on 12 June but not received my certificate yet, My university contacted the ATAS and they told them to wait. We will inform the student about our decision once the application is assessed and decided, this is their reply to my University.
My course starting date is 20th September. I don’t know what ATAS is upto. I fear that I’ve to defer my admission just because of this document.
Original post by aasherirfan
I applied on 12 June but not received my certificate yet, My university contacted the ATAS and they told them to wait. We will inform the student about our decision once the application is assessed and decided, this is their reply to my University.
My course starting date is 20th September. I don’t know what ATAS is upto. I fear that I’ve to defer my admission just because of this document.

I don't think you'll have to, you can talk to your university about the delay and they could suggest something. My course starts on the 20th of September but the teaching starts from the 4th of October. I'm sure it'll be a similar situation. Also, I can register online and be on campus within 4 weeks from the start date. So, ask your university for the last date of joining!! Hopefully, we'll get it before that!! Which university are you enrolling to?
I’m enrolling to University of South Wales, yeah I’m in contact with my University regarding that.
Same here it has been more than 60 days I applied on June 15
Original post by Royvarghese19
Same here it has been more than 60 days I applied on June 15

I feel you mate, been waiting since April.
Have you guys thought about what you would do if we do not receive it on time?
Original post by SharanyaNath
Have you guys thought about what you would do if we do not receive it on time?

We would have to defer our admission for next intake. A friend of mine applied for Sep intake last year and didn’t receive his clearance certificate at all. He transferred admission for upcoming winter intake and applied for ATAS again. He got it in 20 Days this time.
Original post by aasherirfan
We would have to defer our admission for next intake. A friend of mine applied for Sep intake last year and didn’t receive his clearance certificate at all. He transferred admission for upcoming winter intake and applied for ATAS again. He got it in 20 Days this time.

There are thousands waiting for certificate so, if we are deferring that means again some new as well as old applications will be there and again same situation in January as well. Therefore they should clear all applications otherwise this cycle will go on and on. One best thing is they should clearly say you will not get on time so we can preparae in time or should gime estimated time during this time also.
Guys! I received my ATAS today. I just hope my university accepts my ATAS now.
Reply 99
Original post by SharanyaNath
Guys! I received my ATAS today. I just hope my university accepts my ATAS now.

Congratulations dear
Could you please share your details like applied date, course and all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending