Onyl
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So as a current year 11 in August I need to give a final decision on what. A levels I want to study. I want to go to university to study Biology or Genetics so I 100% need to take biology and chemistry. However, i have no clue what to pick for my 3rd subject. I was thinking maybe psychology but 20 case studies sound super hard, maybe sociology, maybe even art and design seen as I did it in year 10 and it looks kinda fun. I'm open to pretty much anything at this point because I have no clue what to pick because with my chem and bio the entry requirements for uni are gonna be met subject wise (and i hope grade wise). Idk i rambled. Please send help I dont know what to pick.
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
I did both psychology and sociology
I would say, based on what other people in the classes said, those who did biology found that it made biopsychology easier.
In terms of the case studies, the same case studies can be used in many topics so it's easy to reduce the amount to learn and the specification case studies will be repeated so many times that you'll find that it's easy to recall them. Although there's alot of evaluation points to remember, like the case studies, many overlap with multiple topics so this can be used to help reduce the content
In terms of sociology, it's just as content heavy but like psychology you can reduce content and decide which sociologists you want to remember.
For essays, I would say psychology essays have a more specific structure so essay writing skills are more likely to be needed/useful for sociology- sociology also has fewer short answer questions

Hope this helps a bit and I'm happy to answer any questions about either subject
Last edited by SB1234567890; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
32.85%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.02%
No (54)
26.09%
I'm not sure (27)
13.04%

Watched Threads