Krystal15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi! With my exams right around the corner, I wanted to know if there is anyone with tips on how to revise as rewriting my notes is not effective.
waterplanner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, i did different a levels so i'm sorry i can't be of much help in RS but i think some revision techniques apply to all subjects pretty much... i'd say read your notes/the textbook, then cover the page up and try to recall what you can remember from the info you have. don't put pressure on yourself to remember every tiny word, it's not possible! be kind to yourself and just try to remember what you read, then look to see what you've missed and try to relearn that bit in particular. once you think you've got the content a bit better, just try doing exam questions and look at the markschemes to see the kind of things you should be talking about. i'm assuming there are essays in RS so look at the time you have to write 1 essay in an exam and try doing an exam-style essay question in that time you have given - making sure you plan out your time properly for any essay subject is really useful, and kind of tweak it as appropriate e.g. if you try to do one with spending 10mins for the intro and you find you don't have enough time, next time do the intro in 15minutes and kind of see how it goes. you might know this stuff already so i'm not sure how helpful this is but i hope it helps in some way! good luck for your exams and try to be kind to yourself/not put too much pressure!
Krystal15
Rep:
?
(Original post by waterplanner)
hi, i did different a levels so i'm sorry i can't be of much help in RS but i think some revision techniques apply to all subjects pretty much... i'd say read your notes/the textbook, then cover the page up and try to recall what you can remember from the info you have. don't put pressure on yourself to remember every tiny word, it's not possible! be kind to yourself and just try to remember what you read, then look to see what you've missed and try to relearn that bit in particular. once you think you've got the content a bit better, just try doing exam questions and look at the markschemes to see the kind of things you should be talking about. i'm assuming there are essays in RS so look at the time you have to write 1 essay in an exam and try doing an exam-style essay question in that time you have given - making sure you plan out your time properly for any essay subject is really useful, and kind of tweak it as appropriate e.g. if you try to do one with spending 10mins for the intro and you find you don't have enough time, next time do the intro in 15minutes and kind of see how it goes. you might know this stuff already so i'm not sure how helpful this is but i hope it helps in some way! good luck for your exams and try to be kind to yourself/not put too much pressure!
Thank you so much! It was very helpful and ill make sure to take on your advice
poggmiller69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Krystal15)
Hi! With my exams right around the corner, I wanted to know if there is anyone with tips on how to revise as rewriting my notes is not effective.
When are ur exams?
Krystal15
Rep:
?
(Original post by poggmiller69)
When are ur exams?
25 th June
jessness17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiii i do the same exam board as you, what i do is learn content thru flash cards / key words / mindmaps then i plan a question without notes to see if i know the content / can answer the Q. then me and some friends from my class swap plans to mark and help us
mcvinod22
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey lovely i have some essay plans which may be of use to you. PM me
Krystal15
Rep:
?
(Original post by jessness17)
Hiii i do the same exam board as you, what i do is learn content thru flash cards / key words / mindmaps then i plan a question without notes to see if i know the content / can answer the Q. then me and some friends from my class swap plans to mark and help us
ahh thanks for the idea! hope you do wellxx
roseyro220
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey did you sit the papers? if so what was on it?
jessness17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roseyro220)
Hey did you sit the papers? if so what was on it?
hi, i was just doing mocks, but i did it on utilitarianism, Augustine's human nature and irenaeus' theodicy
Krystal15
Rep:
?
a

hi, i was just doing mocks, but i did it on utilitarianism, Augustine's human nature and irenaeus' theodicy
was one of your paper a mix of ethics and Christian thought?
jessness17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think my teacher wrote it herself, coz we did it all in one paper to practice writing for 2 hours, so it was a mix of ethics, christian thought and philosophy
Krystal15
Rep:
?
i think my teacher wrote it herself, coz we did it all in one paper to practice writing for 2 hours, so it was a mix of ethics, christian thought and philosophy
ahh I wish that was me we are sitting three separate papers each 2 hrs
roseyro220
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ahh I wish that was me we are sitting three separate papers each 2 hrs
Yikes can you let me know what the questions are after you have your exams?!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.5%
No I am happy with my choice (23)
57.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.5%

Watched Threads