The Student Room Group

minority shareholders problem q

anyone know how to gett a first and structure it
it doesn't actually tell me what's required to get a first and i try to do irac but for some reason, every time, I apparently still don't do it? it sound relatively stupid, I'm aware. I just can't seem to do problem questions
thankyou, can I ask, not necessarily for this assignment but do you know where i can see model answers? or a model irac that gets 80 because I still don't know what I'm specifically doing wrong. I swear I follow the structure but I keep getting low grades on it. The content is always fine but my structure is regularly criticised but I don't see why/how
Hi, I've done a couple of examples on YouTube. They both relate to land law (co-ownership and LRA 2002, schedule 3, para 2.) but they might help you see how to employ the IRAC method.

Here are links

co-ownership example using IRAC

Interests which override under schedule 3, para 2. of the LRA 2002

Your own law school should have 'grade descriptors' similar to those provided by ROLT94. Try looking on your uni's website.

My own experience when marking 1000+s of student answers is that one of the biggest problems is the inclusion of irrelevant material. Also students tend be far too general when describing the issue they are trying to resolve. For example, 'the issue here relates to certainty of subject matter' rather than 'the issue here relates to the failure to separate the trust property from a homogenous bulk of chattels'. The latter is much better.

Quick Reply

Latest