AQA A Level psychology essay

Watch this thread
euphoriagranger
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hello TSR
Does anyone have any 16 mark aqa psychology essays that theyve (social influence and approaches) done so i can see the structure
my wonderful teacher is giving us a mock and theyve never shown us how to structure one

if you could send over some
id appreciate it

xoxo
e.g
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by euphoriagranger)
Hello TSR
Does anyone have any 16 mark aqa psychology essays that theyve (social influence and approaches) done so i can see the structure
my wonderful teacher is giving us a mock and theyve never shown us how to structure one

if you could send over some
id appreciate it

xoxo
e.g
I haven’t got any to send over but I’ve just finished my a levels. The structure to live by and what I’ve always used is do a chunky A01 paragraph to start (if there’s a stem either incorporate the application of the stem into the A01 or do a separate small A02 paragraph).
Then do 3/4 A03 paragraphs (3 if there is a stem and 4 if there isn’t) and use the structure of a ‘burger’ so write your point at the top, then explain the evaluation then link back to the question in a way that shows your A03 is relevant. Always start your A03 paragraphs with a phrase like ‘a strength of...’ ‘A criticism of...’ ‘there is research support for this...’ that way you make it clear you are doing A03 not A01.

Finally the mark breakdown is either;
Without stem- A01 (6marks) A03 (10marks)
With stem- A01 (6 marks) A02 (4marks) A03 (6 marks)

Hope that helps you!
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I've just recycled all mine but we were told:
Application: 150 word outline, 100 word application of outline to the scenario, 3x50 word evaluations
No application: 150 word outline, 4-6x50 word evaluations (depending on detail of paragraphs and whether you think you'll run out of time)

For evaluation points, we were taught use top (lead in sentence). evidence (psychologist...), tail(this suggests, this shows how, this supports the idea that...)
For application essays, link the evaluation back to the scenario in the tail, like a second tail after the normal tail

Hope this makes sense
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (11)
84.62%
No (1)
7.69%
I didn't use it to prepare (1)
7.69%

Watched Threads