The Student Room Group

‼️driving test help‼️

I’ve been test ready since November 2019 but kept getting pushed back because of lockdowns. I eventually took my test last week but my examiner failed me completely unfairly and I was distraught. Now I literally cannot book a new test? There’s none available and every time I go to book one it’s gone the second I go on the website. Please let me know if any of you are in the same position! What are you doing to get a test? I’ve heard that there are apps people are paying for to get them an early test and bots are snapping up tests before anyone else has chance? I don’t want to spend the money but I feel like I’ve got no choice at this point!! Please help!
Original post by Rose_Greenwood
I’ve been test ready since November 2019 but kept getting pushed back because of lockdowns. I eventually took my test last week but my examiner failed me completely unfairly and I was distraught. Now I literally cannot book a new test? There’s none available and every time I go to book one it’s gone the second I go on the website. Please let me know if any of you are in the same position! What are you doing to get a test? I’ve heard that there are apps people are paying for to get them an early test and bots are snapping up tests before anyone else has chance? I don’t want to spend the money but I feel like I’ve got no choice at this point!! Please help!

I got really really lucky & my test was the Monday after tests began again & I passed. My friends, however, are in similar positions to you - what they have done is booked a test for the next available date and they just check, check, check for any cancellations to move their test forward. My friend had his the day after me, and failed but through this method has managed to get another test for early August time. I have heard it’s worth buying those apps? My instructor advised me to buy on in the event of me failing... however I don’t know anyone personally who has bought one. Sorry this isn’t great help, but hopefully it might give advice in the right direction!
Original post by Anonymous018
I got really really lucky & my test was the Monday after tests began again & I passed. My friends, however, are in similar positions to you - what they have done is booked a test for the next available date and they just check, check, check for any cancellations to move their test forward. My friend had his the day after me, and failed but through this method has managed to get another test for early August time. I have heard it’s worth buying those apps? My instructor advised me to buy on in the event of me failing... however I don’t know anyone personally who has bought one. Sorry this isn’t great help, but hopefully it might give advice in the right direction!

Thank you!! I have bought one app but I need to book my test before it sends cancellation notifications. I keep checking every hour or so and whenever I see one it immediately goes! Might have to invest in another app💔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending