please help me with business a level question (exam tomorrow!)

Watch
zooface1234
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
please can someone give me facts for and against this business edexcel a level 20 mark question?
thanks so much! (exam tomorrow)

Health and fitness clubs in the UK have high levels of labour turnover. To reduce
this, health and fitness chains could offer either better financial rewards, or use
non-financial techniques, to improve employee performance.

1(d) Evaluate these two options and recommend which one a health and fitness club,
such as Fitness First, should adopt to reduce labour turnover
Last edited by zooface1234; 1 month ago
zooface1234
Rep:
?
sorry i forgot to include the question before.
RIF A
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zooface1234)
please can someone give me facts for and against this business edexcel a level 20 mark question?
thanks so much! (exam tomorrow)

Health and fitness clubs in the UK have high levels of labour turnover. To reduce
this, health and fitness chains could offer either better financial rewards, or use
non-financial techniques, to improve employee performance.

1(d) Evaluate these two options and recommend which one a health and fitness club,
such as Fitness First, should adopt to reduce labour turnover
A financial method could be higher wages or a bonus , which can improve motivation but it will cost more and so would reduce profits.

non-financial method could be delegation, empowerment, team working, flexible working and job rotation, all of these can improve employee performance and motivation and make them feel more value and so would be more likely to stay. Usually it can be cheap to do but things like job rotation and empowerment might require training which is time consuming and can add additional costs.

you should probably write few points for and against for both financial and non-financial points linking back to the context and then pick one of the options to write a conclusion about.
zooface1234
Rep:
?
any other financial methods anyone???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (74)
22.77%
Excited but a bit nervous (147)
45.23%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.69%
I'm really nervous (66)
20.31%

Watched Threads