The Student Room Group

Leaving my apprenticeship..

I've been doing my apprenticeship since last January, But I've just found out it is finishing in December instead of June this year (due to COVID) the EPA is taking longer to plan. However I'm really unhappy, hate the job, the team, and overall it is nothing I want to go into. I get paid well, but I'm just so miserable to do it for another six months, can I leave? Are apprenticeships different to normal jobs? Can I just leave, I feel like I can't? I have another interviews lined up for other jobs in other fields. I've tried sticking it out but realizing it is going to be way longer has put me off even getting the full qualification?
Stick it out until you have another job. It's uncertain times so the job market is a lot more competitive and it is easier to get a job when you have a job.
Speak to careers asap first and foremost

It would mean kind of starting over from scratch again but six months in isn't that long so if you do have doubts and want to completely retrain then it would make sense to leave
Reply 3
Original post by saskiar_
I've been doing my apprenticeship since last January, But I've just found out it is finishing in December instead of June this year (due to COVID) the EPA is taking longer to plan. However I'm really unhappy, hate the job, the team, and overall it is nothing I want to go into. I get paid well, but I'm just so miserable to do it for another six months, can I leave? Are apprenticeships different to normal jobs? Can I just leave, I feel like I can't? I have another interviews lined up for other jobs in other fields. I've tried sticking it out but realizing it is going to be way longer has put me off even getting the full qualification?

How old are you?

What kind of apprenticeship is it and which qualification will you gain at the end of it?
Reply 4
Original post by one_two_three
Stick it out until you have another job. It's uncertain times so the job market is a lot more competitive and it is easier to get a job when you have a job.

I agree with you 100%, I think it’s my best bet
Original post by saskiar_

I know this is a late reply but you can actually leave an apprenticeship after you have the qualification but before you finish the EPA. You will still have that qualification. You just won't have finished the apprenticeship. But if you really can't stand the job then that might be worth it for you. I hope you're better now.
Original post by ngosihanorah2000
I know this is a late reply but you can actually leave an apprenticeship after you have the qualification but before you finish the EPA. You will still have that qualification. You just won't have finished the apprenticeship. But if you really can't stand the job then that might be worth it for you. I hope you're better now.

Hi I’m a bit confused about this myself…if I get my diploma certificate does that mean I’ve achieved my qualification? Even if I don’t go through with the EPA or if I fail it? Will it affect my job prospects if I have the diploma certificate but didn’t complete my EPA? Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending