The Student Room Group

How much money do I need to go travelling for 6 months in Asia?

Me and my boyfriend are looking to go travelling next year for 6 months in Asia however have no idea how much money we would need. I currently have £6000 saved, I was looking at saving at least £10,000 to go with but i am not sure if this is too much or not enough? any help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Entirely depends on what you are intending to do, and how you're intending to live. Will you be in hostels? A campervan? 5 star hotels?

For comparison, I went to Australia with £1000 in the bank and stayed there 9 months. But equally I've known people to spend £20k in 6 months, easily.
Original post by absdel23
Me and my boyfriend are looking to go travelling next year for 6 months in Asia however have no idea how much money we would need. I currently have £6000 saved, I was looking at saving at least £10,000 to go with but i am not sure if this is too much or not enough? any help would be appreciated.

As Reue says alot of it depends on you. If you dont mind hostels or slumming it - then itll be a lot cheaper than hotels (which if youd rather them then thats fine)

You could get a campervan and live in that (people do!) but then factor in maintenance costs etc (and maybe even import costs over borders) .

Dont forget about potential visas too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending