opinions on City Lit Foundation in Art and design

Watch this thread
Camila Iturbe
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, I have discovered that City Lit Academy (based in Covent Garden, London) offers a UAL level 3 foundation diploma in art and design. I read some reviews and apparently the academy has a very good reputation and everyone says they offer a good quality, but I couldn't find any reviews on the foundation course, does anyone know anything about it? My plan is to study a foundation and then do a bachelor degree. Is there any disadvantage on going to this academy which is not considered a college or university? I am also worried that there won't be so many young students. I am 20 and I would love to meet people of my same age, but this academy is called 'adult centre', and I don't really like how that sounds. Any thoughts on this? Thank you very much!!!!
SBROOKS88
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Camila Iturbe)
Hi there, I have discovered that City Lit Academy (based in Covent Garden, London) offers a UAL level 3 foundation diploma in art and design. I read some reviews and apparently the academy has a very good reputation and everyone says they offer a good quality, but I couldn't find any reviews on the foundation course, does anyone know anything about it? My plan is to study a foundation and then do a bachelor degree. Is there any disadvantage on going to this academy which is not considered a college or university? I am also worried that there won't be so many young students. I am 20 and I would love to meet people of my same age, but this academy is called 'adult centre', and I don't really like how that sounds. Any thoughts on this? Thank you very much!!!!
I used to study at City Lit college many years ago. I studied a variety of different subjects there, and I can tell you it isn't only for adults, but as you are looking to do an Art & Design foundation course and you know that this is what you want to study for a BA, I would highly suggest you just go onto the Art & Design foundation at UAL ( CSM, Chelsea or LCC.)
This is for many reasons; 1: Being that not only will it give you great contacts in the field, but also 2: Better prospects of actually being accepted onto the BA at UAL, as they have a very different way of teaching which is something you would need to get familiar with quite quickly if you don't want to get confused with briefs at BA level.
3: As you mentioned, City Lit isn't a recognised university and more of an evening college. At the end it will all mainly depend on skills and portfolio, but I would try applying to a university foundation If I were you. Hope this helps :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (13)
31.71%
Take a gap year (10)
24.39%
Resit my exams (7)
17.07%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (5)
12.2%
I don't know yet (3)
7.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
7.32%

Watched Threads