The Student Room Group

University virtual open days

Hi! I am starting uni in September 2021 and was just wondering whether a virtual open day will really benefit me or not as I haven't visited the uni I am going to.
Thank you :smile:
Original post by 14LeahyD
Hi! I am starting uni in September 2021 and was just wondering whether a virtual open day will really benefit me or not as I haven't visited the uni I am going to.
Thank you :smile:

Id say it might be nice to view to get a better feel for the campus/department etc.

but how much useful info will you gather? probably not much, its probably going to be a sales pitch to current year 12s.

Id still see what they show in the event as their is no harm in "attending"
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
Id say it might be nice to view to get a better feel for the campus/department etc.

but how much useful info will you gather? probably not much, its probably going to be a sales pitch to current year 12s.

Id still see what they show in the event as their is no harm in "attending"

Thank you!
Yes, I guess it would be nice to see the campus and buildings. Yeah, if it is gonna be like that just for Y12s I'll just leave early ahaha. The virtual open day is 3 hours!
As above - it will be doing the essential marketing to current Year 12s - you wont gain much more than just flicking through a prospectus.

If you can, get family to drive you to that Uni during half-term or at a weekend - you can just potter round and no-one will challenge you for id etc., and you can have a look at the town/city too.

If you can't do that, then look for Campus Tour films on YouTube to get an idea of what it looks like and 'feels' like.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
As above - it will be doing the essential marketing to current Year 12s - you wont gain much more than just flicking through a prospectus.

If you can, get family to drive you to that Uni during half-term or at a weekend - you can just potter round and no-one will challenge you for id etc., and you can have a look at the town/city too.

If you can't do that, then look for Campus Tour films on YouTube to get an idea of what it looks like and 'feels' like.

Thank you for taking the time and responding to my question! Really appreciate it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending