cutybear200
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey, my yr 10 mocks start on 20th.
For Chem and physics I have pretty much forgotten everything. I’ve tried to recall but it didn’t work. I tried exam questions for chem but I didn’t know anything. Chem has 7 chapters and physics has 7 too. I don’t think I have enough time for writing notes for each topic in each chapter. I really want to do well, please help!
geebees
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
year 11 here - just finished my exams. i used the cgp revision books and the work books. from this i found it useful to create a spider diagram of condensed notes for the topic. also, ask your teachers for revision lists of the topics (dont worry about annoying them, it's their job). quizlet is also good. ask me for anything else, even topic related i may be able to give a quick summary x
Sandy williams
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by cutybear200)
Hey, my yr 10 mocks start on 20th.
For Chem and physics I have pretty much forgotten everything. I’ve tried to recall but it didn’t work. I tried exam questions for chem but I didn’t know anything. Chem has 7 chapters and physics has 7 too. I don’t think I have enough time for writing notes for each topic in each chapter. I really want to do well, please he
I didn't understand chem either but within a month or less I had done the entire syllabus and got a 9 in IGCSE chem. I have all the necessary notes so PM me if u would like me to help
ROCK¥
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
pick the most likely/important/common topics and just do past papers, even if you don't know the answer attempt the question and use the mark scheme to revise and try to memorise their answer, exam papers and questions are the best way to get you exam ready even for your real GCSE's just don't leave it this late next time lool
geebees
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ROCK¥)
pick the most likely/important/common topics and just do past papers, even if you don't know the answer attempt the question and use the mark scheme to revise and try to memorise their answer, exam papers and questions are the best way to get you exam ready even for your real GCSE's just don't leave it this late next time lool
i second this - learn the markscheme and you'll know what the examiner wants
cutybear200
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Sandy williams)
I didn't understand chem either but within a month or less I had done the entire syllabus and got a 9 in IGCSE chem. I have all the necessary notes so PM me if u would like me to help
Hi, how did you do this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads