Phoebe34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently towards the end of year 12 and will be going into second year after the summer holidays and I'm just dreading it. I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same but this first year of college has flown by and I still haven't figured out how to revise efficiently, and I also still feel so overwhelmed with the content. I'm studying politics, criminology and sociology and the content altogether is just a lot. I know most a level students will have the same problem.. my question Is how can I manage revision time and breaking down content? any advice is much appreciated (:
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Welcome, to Hell
SB1234567890
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I bought a planner for year 13 so I could create daily to do lists and plan when I would focus on each subject, epq and anything uni related to ensure a balance of everything
Phoebe34
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Welcome, to Hell
feels like it !
Arden University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Phoebe34)
I'm currently towards the end of year 12 and will be going into second year after the summer holidays and I'm just dreading it. I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same but this first year of college has flown by and I still haven't figured out how to revise efficiently, and I also still feel so overwhelmed with the content. I'm studying politics, criminology and sociology and the content altogether is just a lot. I know most a level students will have the same problem.. my question Is how can I manage revision time and breaking down content? any advice is much appreciated (:
@Phoebe34
Hi Phoebe, you sound really commited to your studies, if you fully apply yourself I am sure you will be fine.

I have a degree in Sociology and what I would recommend is getting to know the perspectives like functionalism, marxism, feminism, and interactionism really well; then you can apply them to a variety of different topics across the exams. I remember a book by Aldridge called 'Religion in the contemporary world' being particularly useful.

Concentrate on theory, the historical stuff about the background of Marx etc is fascinating, but it is the mechanics of the theories that will get you high marks.

People tend to take the research methods questions for granted and don't bother to revise for them, don't forget them!

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads