The Student Room Group

Self Driving Cars - AMA

I work with a major car brand, and work directly with the Autonomy & Safety team. Anyone got any questions about Self Driving Car technology / safety technology?
Reply 1
Original post by .Mark
I work with a major car brand, and work directly with the Autonomy & Safety team. Anyone got any questions about Self Driving Car technology / safety technology?

It's VAG. It's always VAG.

Can you track down whoever is responsible for Component Protection and punch them in the face on my behalf? Thanks 👍
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
It's VAG. It's always VAG.

Can you track down whoever is responsible for Component Protection and punch them in the face on my behalf? Thanks 👍

:rolleyes:
Audi's are great cars - Until you want to change the Infotainment system :biggrin: Not my Direct Brand though, so can't help :u:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by .Mark
:rolleyes:
Audi's are great cars - Until you want to change the Infotainment system :biggrin: Not my Direct Brand though, so can't help :u:

Applies to all brands using the MQB platform, not just Audi. My point stands. Fiver if you bring me their head on a silver plate.
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Applies to all brands using the MQB platform, not just Audi. My point stands. Fiver if you bring me their head on a silver plate.

Don't forget the MLB platform too. But generally it is Audi where this issue arises the most, from what I know anyway.

Do I get to keep the silver plate too?
Reply 5
Original post by .Mark
Don't forget the MLB platform too. But generally it is Audi where this issue arises the most, from what I know anyway.

Do I get to keep the silver plate too?

Same thing, just a minor variation. CP is very prominent across all the brands, and it's not just isolated to Infotainment systems either.

Want to replace your airbag controller after deployment? NEIN. Faulty body control module because it shorted internally? NEIN. Adaptive cruise control radar because it suffered from water ingress? NEIN NEIN NEIN.

If you find the right person you can have as many silver plates as you like. I've got an army of many angry folk who would be more than happy to contribute for the greater good.

EDIT: I'll give you a platinum plate if you find the team responsible for SFD..........
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Same thing, just a minor variation. CP is very prominent across all the brands, and it's not just isolated to Infotainment systems either.

Want to replace your airbag controller after deployment? NEIN. Faulty body control module because it shorted internally? NEIN. Adaptive cruise control radar because it suffered from water ingress? NEIN NEIN NEIN.

If you find the right person you can have as many silver plates as you like. I've got an army of many angry folk who would be more than happy to contribute for the greater good.

Thankfully, I don't work with afterbuild issues, so I've not been greatly exposed to the CP issue... or in other words "that doesn't sound like my job"...

Anyway, Tech Dev approval usually consists of the majority agreement of around 100+ people (Unless one identifies a safety critical issue, then it's automatically dismissed) ... So you'll definitely need your army.
Reply 7
Original post by .Mark
Thankfully, I don't work with afterbuild issues, so I've not been greatly exposed to the CP issue... or in other words "that doesn't sound like my job"...

Anyway, Tech Dev approval usually consists of the majority agreement of around 100+ people (Unless one identifies a safety critical issue, then it's automatically dismissed) ... So you'll definitely need your army.

I need names, Mark. I need names. :laugh:
Reply 8
Original post by IWMTom
I need names, Mark. I need names. :laugh:

Hahaha - I'm not at liberty to expose such information. You can complain here as you see fit :rolleyes: Volkswagen AG - Contact Us
Reply 9
Original post by .Mark
Hahaha - I'm not at liberty to expose such information. You can complain here as you see fit :rolleyes: Volkswagen AG - Contact Us

How disappointing. We could have been a great team, Mark. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending