The Student Room Group

Teachers of TSR: If I went from B's/C's/D's in my subjects to A's / A*s....

Scroll to see replies

The only thing teachers on tsr would teach you is how to be anti social
Original post by CurryCurry2468
This is how my maths lessons usually go down, I have three separate teachers

Pure: We go through the power points from Dr Frost and then do the examples and then the teacher goes through them, she don't pick on someone tho, all she usually asks is what approach we would take (so basically what skills we will use), she never asks us to actually show our working.

Stats: She just goes through the Dr Frost power points and once again goes through the examples, she gets us to do the question first and then asks the whole class if we got to an answer and then goes through the working. We then do the questions from the Edexcel books but she never takes the work in, all she usually says is to email or drop a message on team if we need help.

Mechanics: We do worked examples and he will ask each of us at the start of the lesson to answer one of the started questions, but they are usually straightforward. We do these worksheets but he never takes them in but he does get us to upload working to our class notebook on Teams but that was only like 2 or 3 worksheets so I doubt he would be able to gauge how we are getting on from 2 or 3 worksheets.

My school just prioritised getting through content, we did little to no assessments and work was never taken in or looked at cuz of covid, even if work was submitted on our class notebook it was from ages ago (like October/ December time) so we would have made some form of improvements from then.

Very unusual classroom 'diet' - don't they look at work in class?

Quick Reply

Latest