Charl1313
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I structure an a level geography 8 mark question?
CoZee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
8 mark question? What exam board are you doing?
Charl1313
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoZee)
8 mark question? What exam board are you doing?
ocr its on the glaciation topic
HadiY
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Charl1313)
ocr its on the glaciation topic
Don't do A Level Geography, but I'll assume its the same as GCSE (I got an A): First talk about the impacts of the situation, then go on to explain your reasoning behind those impacts, repeat 3x for other problems/impacts with glaciation and end of with a conclusion! If you specify the question, ill be able to help you further
Charl1313
Rep:
?
(Original post by HadiY)
Don't do A Level Geography, but I'll assume its the same as GCSE (I got an A): First talk about the impacts of the situation, then go on to explain your reasoning behind those impacts, repeat 3x for other problems/impacts with glaciation and end of with a conclusion! If you specify the question, ill be able to help you further
The question is 'explain the influence of climate changes and geomorphic processes in the formation of eskers' and thankyou so much for the help!
HadiY
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Charl1313)
The question is 'explain the influence of climate changes and geomorphic processes in the formation of eskers' and thankyou so much for the help!
No problem. Great so firstly explain where eskers are found, then go on to say why they're formed, and link climate change to their formation process. Say something along the lines of: they form because of deposition from rocks picked up by melted floodwater for example. Try and link deposition to geomorphic processes, and explain other ways they can form. Also then say that climate is speeding them up, and link the consequences of climate change to their formation in other ways too! Conclude with a quick summary on all your points and you should get those 8 marks! good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
15.38%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
21.15%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.69%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
15.38%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.69%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
30.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads