jbuck90
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
General chat and place to support each other prior to starting
Mimifoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
Hello everyone 😁 I have a place in Cardiff. I used to work in Bristol RC and still work closely with a few Bristol teams.
I'm an HO in Counter Avoidance and joined HMRC in December 2019.
jbuck90
Rep:
I'm in cardiff too, currently working in T&SC in Cardiff
TylerToise
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I'm a HO in the R&D team in Cardiff. Seems like a lot of people who get through are internal applicants!
Eme2768
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi all,

I’ve got an offer for Cardiff too. I’m not internal and currently living in Lincolnshire but relocating back ‘home’ over the summer.

I applied last year but didn’t make it through so am super chuffed to be offered a place this year!

Look forward to meeting you all!
jbuck90
Rep:
I got to AC last year but was surprised to get through this time
Fra71
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hi all,

I'm in Bristol. I'm another HO in Counter Avoidance.
If you look at the stats from previous years about 50% of successful applicants are internal, so the numbers seem about right.
jbuck90
Rep:
interested to see my feedback now and compare it to last years
TylerToise
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by jbuck90)
interested to see my feedback now and compare it to last years
Do they give feedback if you're successful? I really want to see mine but when I asked my friends who have done TSP they couldn't remember if they had feedback after the passed, but they all were able to recall the feedback when they failed.
Fra71
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TylerToise)
Do they give feedback if you're successful? I really want to see mine but when I asked my friends who have done TSP they couldn't remember if they had feedback after the passed, but they all were able to recall the feedback when they failed.
I would expect them to do so, and even if they don't no harm in asking as they would have to have created it to score you anyway.
jbuck90
Rep:
a friend of mine is in the tsp in bristol he had feedback for when he was and wasn't successful at AC
lnka2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mimifoo)
Hello everyone 😁 I have a place in Cardiff. I used to work in Bristol RC and still work closely with a few Bristol teams.
I'm an HO in Counter Avoidance and joined HMRC in December 2019.
I remember you from the HO forum
Started around the same time as you
lnka2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Hiya guys, nice to be here and potentially meet some of you in September! Im currently a Bristol HO in large business- CT.
Mimifoo
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by lnka2)
I remember you from the HO forum
Started around the same time as you
I remember you too! 😁 Thrilled we were both successful there and here 😁
If I ever apply for anything else, I'm going to ask you to apply and start a student room thread 😂 Seems to be a lucky charm 😉
Eme2768
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by TylerToise)
Yes. A friend of mine was successful last year and received feedback so I’m sure it’ll come at some point.
lnka2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Mimifoo)
I remember you too! 😁 Thrilled we were both successful there and here 😁
If I ever apply for anything else, I'm going to ask you to apply and start a student room thread 😂 Seems to be a lucky charm 😉
Definitely my lucky charm!
Lets stay in touch
lnka2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Anyone on here that already works in bristol?
jbuck90
Rep:
I think one or two are HOs in Bristol I'm in Cardiff already
lnka2
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Two makes Mimifoo and me
Too

(Original post by jbuck90)
I think one or two are HOs in Bristol I'm in Cardiff already
Two makes Mimifoo and me🤣
jbuck90
Rep:
only been browsing saw HO a few times but didn't look where
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.41%
Okay (64)
29.91%
A bit lacking (80)
37.38%
Not good at all (52)
24.3%

Watched Threads