saffira
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay this post is just for fun and for anyone to rant about their least favourite biology a level topic. I do OCR Biology and i can say with certainty that classification and evolution is just so bad :// The trickiest topic for me is transport in animals but at least it is interesting. Classification and evolution is just an extension of things we did at GCSE, the questions tend to be graph analysis (not fun) and there's just a lot with this topic to learn (like definitions).

What's everyone's least fav topic!
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything to do with plants. The moment I finished A level biology and started my degree, I vowed to NEVER touch botany again, sadly one module which overlapped with biology had a small part of botany in it in first year but after that NEVER AGAIN!
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything plant related.
Jaegis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biodiversity and natural resources. It's boring as hell, just "no way, dude, evolution helps species adapt to their environments" like wow how interesting. And a load of random definitions chucked in just to be mean. And too much focus on plants, plants suck.
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Anything to do with plants. The moment I finished A level biology and started my degree, I vowed to NEVER touch botany again, sadly one module which overlapped with biology had a small part of botany in it in first year but after that NEVER AGAIN!
lmaoooo nooo seems like everyone agrees plants isn't the one. I personally don't mind it but some of the questions you get for A level... like seriously aphids? swelling of trees? what lol?
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Anything plant related.
yep don't blame you for that (blame plants instead :')
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jaegis)
Biodiversity and natural resources. It's boring as hell, just "no way, dude, evolution helps species adapt to their environments" like wow how interesting. And a load of random definitions chucked in just to be mean. And too much focus on plants, plants suck.
ah yes biodiversity sucks too. reminds me too much of geography which i just hated at gcse. I personally don't find it super hard but i totally agree it's just boring as heck.
kylalee.x
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Plants & microscopes
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by kylalee.x)
Plants & microscopes
the plant slander is too funny
Jaegis
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
saffira: Hey guys, what's your least favourite bio topic? I don't really like classification...

The stampeding horde of A-Level biologists, waving signs and foaming at the mouth: PLANTS! PLANTS! WE HATE PLANTS!
saffira
Rep:
?
poor audrey 2
t0897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saffira)
Okay this post is just for fun and for anyone to rant about their least favourite biology a level topic. I do OCR Biology and i can say with certainty that classification and evolution is just so bad :// The trickiest topic for me is transport in animals but at least it is interesting. Classification and evolution is just an extension of things we did at GCSE, the questions tend to be graph analysis (not fun) and there's just a lot with this topic to learn (like definitions).

What's everyone's least fav topic!
Classification and evolution is also the worst for me too!!!
It's so boring I genuinely think they made biology the worst a level urgh
I also hate the kidneys for some reason
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by t0897)
Classification and evolution is also the worst for me too!!!
It's so boring I genuinely think they made biology the worst a level urgh
I also hate the kidneys for some reason
I haven’t done the kidneys yet 😭😭 but classification and evolution is god awful trying to learn all of it in 4 days before my exam help aha
t0897
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by saffira)
I haven’t done the kidneys yet 😭😭 but classification and evolution is god awful trying to learn all of it in 4 days before my exam help aha
Are you in year 12 too?
We've finished year 1 and are on year 13 content because we didn't get to do the practicals
kidneys are not as bad as classification just confusing
saffira
Rep:
?
(Original post by t0897)
Are you in year 12 too?
We've finished year 1 and are on year 13 content because we didn't get to do the practicals
kidneys are not as bad as classification just confusing
Yeah i am in Year 12, we have done (i think) all of the practicals in Year 12 except one that we are doing after our exams, then we are moving onto year 13 content before summer :3 I think the kidneys are interesting (at least from GCSE) but the biggest mistake i made was thinking topics that we interesting and easy at GCSE would be the same at A Level. Clown behaviour from me....
Last edited by saffira; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (44)
28.03%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.92%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.05%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.01%

Watched Threads