How do you use a specification as a part of A Level revision?

Watch this thread
cloudniineee
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was watching a few YouTube videos and a lot of people seem to recommend making notes on the specification. I'm a little unsure on how it would be useful? and what exactly to make notes on? (Context: I'm planning to resit for Autumn A Levels and I do English Literature, Maths and Business!)
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I personally wouldn’t. I only ever used the specification when I was done revising from the textbook and it was more of a tick box exercise.
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For business, I turned each bullet point of the specification into a question or series of questions on quizlet then used the textbook and class notes to find the answers. Our business teachers called this the bullet point approach and emphasised heavily using the specification so I would definitely recommend this.
Hope this makes sense
archere
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Print out the specification (make sure it’s the correct version) and read it. Tick areas you have sufficient notes on and understand well. Areas you are unsure of or don’t remember doing in class are the areas you need to specifically focus on. Make sure that by the end of your revision you can confidently look at each part of the spec and recall from memory key aspects of what it’s asking for. By the end of your revision everything should be ticked off! You can test whether you understand a spec point by trying to jot down a few key words/ideas as if that subtopic was an exam question. Use your class notes, textbook and spec in combination to ensure you have succinct notes which cover everything you need to know on the syllabus. Hope this helps, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
31.25%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (11)
34.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
6.25%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.13%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
6.25%
I’m starting to consider my university options (5)
15.63%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.13%

Watched Threads