Glasses prescription -1.50

Watch
Shang86
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a glasses prescription of -1.50 and find I am pretty blind without my glasses. Do most people around this prescription wear their glasses all the time?
KingGeorgeIII
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just had laser eye surgery and my prescription was -4.25 in each eye and I coudnt read anything without my glasses unless it was right in front of me.
Megxn0
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KingGeorgeIII)
I just had laser eye surgery and my prescription was -4.25 in each eye and I coudnt read anything without my glasses unless it was right in front of me.
How was the surgery for you? Do you think it’s worth it?
Nagromicous
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My prescription is +8.75 in each eye. Without glasses, I can get around okay, but can't read just about anything 🤓
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started wearing mine full time back when I was struggling to see the tv or the board at school. The difference of just seeing everything in detail when out and about is nice, rather than only just putting them on for important stuff, it's amazing how much you can miss without them. You could always try them full time for a week or so and see how you feel, can always go back to occasional use if you want.
Shang86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kogomogo)
I started wearing mine full time back when I was struggling to see the tv or the board at school. The difference of just seeing everything in detail when out and about is nice, rather than only just putting them on for important stuff, it's amazing how much you can miss without them. You could always try them full time for a week or so and see how you feel, can always go back to occasional use if you want.
Yea Iv been wearing them full time for about a week or so, and it’s made me realise how badly I need them really. I just thought in the grand scheme of things it’s considered a minor prescription so is it necessary to wear glasses full time
KingGeorgeIII
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Megxn0)
How was the surgery for you? Do you think it’s worth it?
Hi Megxn, The surgery went really well at the end totally worth it.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shang86)
Yea Iv been wearing them full time for about a week or so, and it’s made me realise how badly I need them really. I just thought in the grand scheme of things it’s considered a minor prescription so is it necessary to wear glasses full time
If you feel that wearing them is benefitting you then yeah I'd say it's worth it. There's no set point as to what prescription is needed for someone to wear them full time, just if you feel you want to. No point in lowering your quality of life because of worrying that others will think you aren't toughing it out enough or something. Do what makes you happy, see stuff.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most people don't feel they need glasses full time until they get to -2. However, most people will find it beneficial wearing glasses with -1.5 when out.
I wouldn't suggest you wearing them for up close, but anything other than that you will find it easier doing with glasses on.
Shang86
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kathy89)
Most people don't feel they need glasses full time until they get to -2. However, most people will find it beneficial wearing glasses with -1.5 when out.
I wouldn't suggest you wearing them for up close, but anything other than that you will find it easier doing with glasses on.
Yea exactly. Around the house I don’t need them apart from tv. But I always wear them once I leave the house, otherwise without my glasses I can’t recognise someone from 10 metres away 😂. Would you say that’s normal for a prescription of -1.50?
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yea exactly. Around the house I don’t need them apart from tv. But I always wear them once I leave the house, otherwise without my glasses I can’t recognise someone from 10 metres away 😂. Would you say that’s normal for a prescription of -1.50?
Yeah, that's pretty common.
I used to recognize people by the way they move and the way they are dressed. I couldn't see faces, but I could see the way they move and more or less the color and style of their clothes. I can still do that, but I don't rely on this anymore.
Shang86
Rep:
?
So Iv been wearing my glasses full time for a week or so now. I put them on first thing in the morning and they stay on till bed. I’m lost without them now
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So Iv been wearing my glasses full time for a week or so now. I put them on first thing in the morning and they stay on till bed. I’m lost without them now
How predictable.
I too have recently worn my glasses most of the time (well, since the pandemic) and now I feel my vision got worse although I still see better than what I used to like 6 years ago when my vision was at its worst.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads