blue_rowlet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I haven’t used this website in a super long time.

I have a place to study an MSc in Mental Health Nursing in January and need to complete my RPL document by October. At interview, I was told that the university would help me find places to volunteer alongside mental health nurses to get the 160 required hours because I currently work in a different sector but after interview, they said they would be unable to help me with this.

Does anyone know of any organisations that are particularly open to facilitating this sort of thing? I am based in the East Midlands at the moment if that helps. I currently work in education so work standard hours but I am willing to give up my evenings and weekends and do whatever is necessary. I don’t want to to just call random places and I have tried reaching out where I can but I’m not getting anywhere so wondered if someone had been in a similar situation and knew of somewhere or someone to contact. I have tried contacting the university but most people are on leave at the moment so I can’t get much from them and I am anxious that I’m running out of time.
mary20200114
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blue_rowlet)
Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask. I haven’t used this website in a super long time.

I have a place to study an MSc in Mental Health Nursing in January and need to complete my RPL document by October. At interview, I was told that the university would help me find places to volunteer alongside mental health nurses to get the 160 required hours because I currently work in a different sector but after interview, they said they would be unable to help me with this.

Does anyone know of any organisations that are particularly open to facilitating this sort of thing? I am based in the East Midlands at the moment if that helps. I currently work in education so work standard hours but I am willing to give up my evenings and weekends and do whatever is necessary. I don’t want to to just call random places and I have tried reaching out where I can but I’m not getting anywhere so wondered if someone had been in a similar situation and knew of somewhere or someone to contact. I have tried contacting the university but most people are on leave at the moment so I can’t get much from them and I am anxious that I’m running out of time.
Hiya, hope you are well.

I have just seen this and would like to complete a MSC or blended learning course in the mIdlands for Nursing. the course states the same about RPL and 500 hours of caring experience. as I work within a school like yourself - did they accept you on the course? I'm not physically cleaning children as its. secondary school. may I know what uni you applied for?

and any luck with the mental health experience?

thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed