Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Has anyone ever got pulled up by tutors for having less than a sentence of work similar to previous things in Turnitin?
AnnaGlypta
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Being pulled up for having less than a sentence of work similar - really? hard to comment without knowing what exactly they have pulled you up on
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
Nope. Unless that sentence was just incredibly unique such as "burning a hole in my pyjamas at age eight" (a sentence that was written in more than 200 medicine applications)

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...415233.article
Last edited by jas149; 7 months ago
bored_user:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has anyone ever got pulled up by tutors for having less than a sentence of work similar to previous things in Turnitin?
as in, a zero similarity report? Are you at King's? King's uses Turnitin
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bored_user:))
as in, a zero similarity report? Are you at King's? King's uses Turnitin
I’m not a Kings. I probs should have made it clearer in the post, I mean when the turnitin report highlights a portion of a sentence and states 1% similarity, would it get flagged?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jas149)
Nope. Unless that sentence was just incredibly unique such as "burning a hole in my pyjamas at age eight" (a sentence that was written in more than 200 medicine applications)

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...415233.article
Haha, good humour, thank you
Anonymous #1
(Original post by AnnaGlypta)
Being pulled up for having less than a sentence of work similar - really? hard to comment without knowing what exactly they have pulled you up on
If the less than a sentence is similar to previous essays that have been written? Surely it wouldn’t be of concern to the tutor?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m not a Kings. I probs should have made it clearer in the post, I mean when the turnitin report highlights a portion of a sentence and states 1% similarity, would it get flagged?
1% similarity overall is nothing. 20% is still insignificant

if you copied the entire sentence without the correct citation/quotation marks if appropriate, that's a problem but otherwise no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (65)
12.45%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.72%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (135)
25.86%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.24%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (252)
48.28%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.45%

Watched Threads