The Student Room Group

Year 12 End of year Mocks

hey, just wondering if anyone has done theres yet. how did it go? also, some people have been saying that schools are giving old spec questions, is this true?
Original post by melmel2345
hey, just wondering if anyone has done theres yet. how did it go? also, some people have been saying that schools are giving old spec questions, is this true?

Hey I’ve just finished year 13 and for the exams used to determine my actual grades my teachers used some old spec questions (they admitted they changed the markschemes to fit the new spec) so it’s very possible your teachers may use them for year 12 exams!
Original post by melmel2345

Hi I am finished with school now (I am year 13).
With regards to the end of year 12 mocks, schools may use locked past papers however cuz of the exam cancellations, they may have used questions from them in the assessments for the year 13 students.

As such, they may look to use questions from old spec papers or from older papers in the current spec (such as 2018 and 2019). Idk about all subjects but some subjects have locked specimen papers so ur teachers may use those if they are available for ur subjects.

However they may use a mix of old spec questions and new spec questions to ensure there is an adequate balance of content coverage

Quick Reply

Latest