The Student Room Group

PwC graduate program offer was rescinded due to the work permit

I am a tier-2 working visa holder doing business related job. I want to change my career, so I apply to the tech graduate program in the big four. I applied to PwC twice. The first time is in September 2020, my application was automatically withdrawal after the online test. I received an email telling me they couldn't sponsor the visa for me as I will require the Resident Labor Market Test (RLMT). They welcome me to apply again after 6 months. In January 2021, the RLMT test was abolished in the new immigration law. Technically speaking, it makes no difference whether I am a tier 2 or tier 4 student visa offer holder. With this in mind, in April 2021, I applied to the PwC again and this time my application wasn't been stopped at the initial stage, I was progressed until the final step. I got the offer in mid-May.

I thought they have adapted the new policy and I am eligible to apply & get sponsored.

However, AFTER I accepted the job offer. Someone from the student recruitment team contacted me and said according to the company's policy, they STILL just sponsor a visa for the tier 4 visa holder.
I have already confirmed with the lawyer that I am entitled to getting the visa sponsorship if PwC is willing to sponsor me. But their final decision remains they decided not to provide sponsorship for me. (Although they could, they said is due to company policy.) My offer offer got withdrawal.

I wonder if anyone on the same boat as me? I do know many tiers 2 working visa holders also applied to the PwC graduate program like me.

The decision has been made and it is the end of my UK job-seeking journey. I knew things happen. Life is hard. HR has apologised to me but they may not aware it may completely change my life.

Any suggestions welcome, I will be more than appreciate it!
(edited 2 years ago)
well, unfortunately they can withdraw offers even if other applicants get sponsorship
Original post by Judy262
I am a tier-2 working visa holder doing business related job. I want to change my career, so I apply to the tech graduate program in the big four. I applied to PwC twice. The first time is in September 2020, my application was automatically withdrawal after the online test. I received an email telling me they couldn't sponsor the visa for me as I will require the Resident Labor Market Test (RLMT). They welcome me to apply again after 6 months. In January 2021, the RLMT test was abolished in the new immigration law. Technically speaking, it makes no difference whether I am a tier 2 or tier 4 student visa offer holder. With this in mind, in April 2021, I applied to the PwC again and this time my application wasn't been stopped at the initial stage, I was progressed until the final step. I got the offer in mid-May.

I thought they have adapted the new policy and I am eligible to apply & get sponsored.

However, AFTER I accepted the job offer. Someone from the student recruitment team contacted me and said according to the company's policy, they STILL just sponsor a visa for the tier 4 visa holder.
I have already confirmed with the lawyer that I am entitled to getting the visa sponsorship if PwC is willing to sponsor me. But their final decision remains they decided not to provide sponsorship for me. (Although they could, they said is due to company policy.) My offer offer got withdrawal.

I wonder if anyone on the same boat as me? I do know many tiers 2 working visa holders also applied to the PwC graduate program like me.

The decision has been made and it is the end of my UK job-seeking journey. I knew things happen. Life is hard. HR has apologised to me but they may not aware it may completely change my life.

Any suggestions welcome, I will be more than appreciate it!

Wow congratulation resilience and perseverance pays off, excuse me is it possible that you can provide any advice associated with numerical aptitude test

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending